Crafting Window closes weirdly by mouse over crafting station

lionking102
  • Fixed

When the crafting window is open it closes really weirdly when you hover over a crafting station with the mouse. But only sometimes and nearly always if you shake the mouse-pointer a bit... really weird. 

Steps to Reproduce

1) Open the crafting menu
2) Hover over a crafting station (I think it's also statues, maybe also other stuff) - Sometimes the craftingwindow closes immediately and focuses the station, most of the time not.
3) Shake the mouse a bit left/right over the station - Now the craftingwindow closes. 

The found that the craftingwindow closes always by shaking the mouse, but it's much quicker if you hover over a station I think.  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I put more detail on this in the beta branch is live thread. It seems to be intended, but I agree with you.

Relevant file is "widgets/redux/craftingmenu_hud.lua"

function CraftingMenuHUD:OnUpdate(dt)
    if self.needtoupdate then
		self:RebuildRecipes()

self.craftingmenu:Refresh() 
		self.pinbar:Refresh()

self.needtoupdate = false
    end

-- close the crafting menu if the mouse moves too far away from it
    if self.craftingmenu:IsEnabled() and not self.preventautoclose then
		local x_precent = (TheInput:GetScreenPosition().x / TheSim:GetScreenSize()) / TheFrontEnd:GetCraftingMenuScale()
		if self.delay_autoclose then
			self.delay_autoclose = x_precent > 0.45	-- require the player to mouse into the menu a little before turning auto close on. This is to handle when the mouse is on the righthand side of the screen when the crafting menu is opened.
		else
			if x_precent > 0.50 then
				self.owner.HUD:CloseCrafting()
			end
		end
    end

end

I'm hoping that self.preventautoclose will be implemented as a setting in a future build.

• Like 1

Share this comment