Sanbags actually dont stop flooding

Vertaliotas
  • Fixed

Sandbags dont block the water during moonsoon season, i use a mod that gives more equip slots, but it doesnt make me charsh so it isnt bug's fault.

Naujas paveikslėlis (6).bmp

Steps to Reproduce
I think you can just wait for the moonsoon season, floor up your entire base and instead of walls use sandbags, and the water still gets to the base
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same issue. I read in the release notes that wood floors prevented flood puddles, but nope! Further, the sandbags do not keep the water out very well as you can see. 

1) Layed down wood flooring in Mild Season.

2) Put stone walls and sandbags out using console command on day 35 (Done to test this).

3) SS taken as below, noted rain deluge around day 37 filled puddles over the wood flooring and didn't even bother with the sandbags. 

I also posted in another that I went to the Volcano to make a staff cca. day 33-35, got my days reset after a crash, but that should be different.  

day1.gif

Share this comment

Same concept as a bullet proof vest. If you shoot your self in the head it doesn't work. The water simply went around your sand bags and wooden flooring only prevents flooding from spawning on that spot. Water will still spread over wooden flooring.

Edited by zzKratoszz
clarity

Share this comment

there are no holes in my base, it is fully protected. And about the entrance, the puddle is nowhere near that gap. One more puddle spawned in the completely other side of my base, and got through the sandbags too like nothing. Cant send photos,game save lost because of seaworthy bugs

Share this comment

From the screen shot it looks like there is some open turf (that is naturally spawned) inside your base and sand bags. On the southern side. And the only water in the screen shot is coming from your entrance where there are no sand bags. In my personal tests flooding has never gone through my sand bags but it is more than happy to go around them.

Share this comment

umm

are you talking about his photo? Have you even opened my photo?

my base was fully protected. No holes no turfs, just wooden flooring. My entrance is east, the puddle is south. What are you talking about?a

Edited by Vertaliotas

Share this comment

I'm having the same problem. I'm wondering if maybe we need two rows of sand bags, because it looks like it's just seeping under a single row. Do you need sandbags AND walls? Do you need to have them set so that one row covers the cracks in the other? What if I only had walls? The sand bags seemed to work for rising tides in previous games, but I've had no luck during monsoon season... Ugh.

flooding.png.4479bcb671c8da3e79145dba81c

Share this comment

To everyone in this bug report (@Vertaliotas @ruthlace), the devs are aware of this and there is already confirmation on blocking off floods from seeping through walls of sandbags (source). Right now, the only real ways to stop flood is by placing the sandbags directly on top of the flood tile (source). Floods' starting point are no longer able to spawn on top of player-made floor tiles, but flood are still able to spread over it if not stopped (source).

So for now your only options are to either over extend the wooden floor tiles and/or pay attention of the growth of the puddles then block then off as soon as possible. 

I hope that's enough information for now, good luck. Cheers.

Share this comment