All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Believe it or not, I was thinking about making a mod of something similar this morning. but i'm way to lazy to finish mob anims most of the time so ignore this o_o
  3. How to control snap teeth on 5th island?

Use four blowdarts to take down the stationary ones. Blowdarts are easy to come by from the ruins. The stationary ones are the ones that spawn new ones. Also, the mobile snaptooths sleep during the day, making it easier to do one-on-one fights.
  4. Playtime record

and here we have an example how ppl waste their life, commenting other peoples wasted life.
  5. Some people don't control themselves in use of unlimited power with creative , debug, sandbox mode or whatever is the name in survival games. I don't use sandbox or debug in the saves I'm playing survival because small fixes to adjust problems can slope to abuse of those tools and ruin the entire experience afterwards. Everything lose purpose and putting the same type of effort managing boring needed tasks seems kinda dumb when you can turn on the super power mode. There is nothing wrong with that, absolutely. It's just how one can feel after using those tools to the point of losing interest in a game. Ofc it is an individual problem to do with personal self control. I played Minecraft for many many years in survival only and when I became mod from the private server I used to play it ruined the experience for me. Small fair uses of power gave me a different perspective of the game, the magic was gone. My Minecraft experience ended sadly: I corrupted myself in the use of that power to acquire insignificant advantages that were enough to make me stop playing the game. As a hoarder, what's the point of mining for hours if I can summon any resources I want with a simple command? In ONI, there is no drama using that tool to remove abyssalite as there is no other way to get rid of it. But hey, will I manage that boring separation of many gasses in survival If I can just sneak-use sandbox/debug and instantly solve the problem? No, I won't control myself if I start with that and ultimately it will ruin the game for me.
  6. People really underestimate Wendy, exploring ruins causes no sanity problems, Abigail can destroy traps, she can solo ruin bats, vampire bat swarms, scorpions, other ghosts, Weevoles, Snakes... she's absolutely nuts. You can kill off any annoying pogs on command without potentially causing a swarm of them, she can take aggro from the guards which lets you get away with a lot of actions... Otherwise yeah, WX, Warbucks, and Maxwell. Maxwell gets bonus points for being able to deal with scorpions using his shadow ghosts, Warbucks for being able to better negate the Vortex Cloak downside.
  7. Boss Idea - the Megalodog!

With kelp assests?
  8. I made this for the meme section back in 2018.
  9. 4 hours ago, UncleMikeE said:

Risky business

Untitled.thumb.png.73ed50af4417d39696f9b67a484292ca.png

ae805f0dba.jpg

Frederick O reily without the coat.:wilson_ecstatic:

10. How to control snap teeth on 5th island?

Oh, that's also a fun idea!
  11. So I need help to create a mod that balances all Food Items In-Game, I have made the new values and features however I do not know how to script a mod. What I made is very lightweight and requires little to no effort, litteraly just a copy-paste job for most of the stuff. If someone can help please contact me.
  12. I agree. Since the rooms are full of liquid pipes, I would add a radiant gas pipe going through all turbine rooms. Cold hydrogen can then be used to recover from overheating should it occur. This can be done automatically by placing a Building Temperature Sensor on each turbine, connect all of them to the same automation wire and let that wire control a gas shutoff valve. If one of them raises to above 99 C, then apply cooling hydrogen. You say it's not needed, but if I'm to build one in survival, I will protect it from overheating and be happy about it even if it ends up not being needed. Just the fact that I know it will recover even without me doing anything will give me peace of mind to do other stuff and not constantly watch it.
  13. Its also far more efficient than using an oil refinery to produce petrol. If you build a boiler system, you can get more water back than you put into the wells for the crude.
  14. Heating crude oil to 400C will turn it into petroleum. A refinery can turn 1KG of crude oil into 0.5 KG of petroleum. Boiling it can turn 1KG of crude oil into 1KG of petroleum. And no duplicant is needed like with the refinery.
  15. Another question topic of mine. I've seen many people around here talk about making "petroleum boilers" and I have no idea what do you need them for. I'm thinking about making Molten Slickster petroleum farm and I've decided to finally find the anwser to that question.
  16. Wagstaff - Can teleport between islands easily (no need to go through ruins) and his goggles don't give a crap about fog so he moves at full speed in Lush season. His goggles also have a built in magnifying glass he can use to get treasure off random objects like trees.
  17. How to control snap teeth on 5th island?

If you dont mind some drops burning you can group them up and coconade them off ( you can buy coconades from the weapon shop)
  18. Very much so. I really don't get people that to play as "it was designed to play". Is this some kind of virtue-signalling perhaps? Anyways, the very point of a sandbox game is to find your own approaches and style and there is nothing right or wrong as long as it works. There is no "best" way to play it and no safety in playing it as others do. In fact, you lose most of the potential enjoyment you could have had by seeing your own creations work.
  19. Culturally problematic?

Except he's arguing with the answer now. Pretty sure he came in with an agenda.
  20. Works for gas also, if not quite as good.
  21. Why Are You Guys Quiet?

Thank you for providing a thread that talks about lag in DST hosted servers. Now, the problem with this is that it's talking about lag due to several factors that I've already said are not related to connection issues: Player slots are set to 4, not 1, mods like the minimap mod are causing lag, world coverage and object count, it being a dedicated server and not a solo hosted server, all of which are reasons that do not pertain to connection issues. As much as the linked thread helped explain the technicalities behind game lag and not connection issues, it has only supported my claims more so than yours. 2000 hours and longtime-player terms, weird flex but okay. It isn't the best thing to assume that all new forumers are also new players. Now, apology accepted, but I believe you're mixing up your own statements and reformulating them on the spot, which is natural for people to do, but it doesn't help when trying to discuss core matters. Most of what you've said here is omitting the basics that I have already covered. I wouldn't say I'm "calling for" rather than expressing an idea that if SW and HAM were included in DST, which admittedly isn't part of the singleplayer mode we're discussing, just a means of enriching the game since DST has a lot of potential, it would make DST an even greater game. The singleplayer mode proposal would not be meshed with content updates like SW and HAM, so that's just misinterpretation on your part. A singleplayer mode that follows the guidelines I had stated before but with scaled health for mobs and mechanics that are adjusted for a friendlier singleplayer experience would be more fair to solo players and it would actually help your "connection issues." To address your misinterpretations though, no, adding SW and HAM content that wouldn't be scaled towards the singleplayer mode proposal would not fix your "weak internet connection issues" as I have never explicitly stated that it would. The last paragraph is repeating that hosts lag, but if you follow the guidelines that I had previously stated, you should not under normal circumstances be experiencing any lag. No UI mods, no player slots greater than 1, world coverage and object count being taken into consideration, there's more to game lag than connection issues, and I'm trying to tell you that it may be one of those factors since under normal circumstances, one shouldn't be lagging if they are their own host in their own non-dedicated world using their own bandwidth. DS being as crisp and responsive as you say it is is debatable. DS uses and older, dated and less refined engine than DST does, and it excludes a few mechanics that ultimately make DST a more enjoyable experience, also, both games are the exact same with little to no difference, save for SW and HAM, but even those DLCs are isolated content. Basically, having DS and DST exist is redundant and also confusing for new players who want to get into the game. Centralizing DST, since it already is the game that has more sales, would be a better business move and my proposed singleplayer mode would remedy your "connection issues." I'm not sure how valid your background claims are, considering that you're not a developer, but I'll cover it anyway. I've read and heard that Klei doesn't want to charge for DLCs, I got that. They sell skins now, and the post that I've only quoted once (kind of unnecessary to say that I "keep" quoting it) is that they don't make much money off of skins. I do apologize for saying this, but you're recounting and summarizing a story that I'm already aware of, so it's a lot of fluff that I unfortunately have to skim through because it does not pertain to the topic at hand. I do appreciate the summary though, but it hasn't helped me in however way you wanted to to help, but I could say that firstly, they have been making some money on skins, sure, but not enough. In a sense, they sort of are "bailing" on the business model, or at least not focusing exclusively on said business model. Yes, they are selling characters now. Is it making them enough money? I'm not sure, and debatably character DLCs can also split the community, so the whole DLC distribution and community splitting is a matter of walking on thin ice, since even smaller DLCs like character ones also separate those who do have the character from those who don't, and as a result don't get to experience the (overpowered at the moment) perks of the paid characters, which at least can be weaved with spools, but then how many players are buying characters as opposed to weaving them? Sorry to say, but a lot isn't actually clear, and it's almost never a case of black-and-white, but that's why we have the forums; we can hopefully discuss our uncertainties with each other and try our best to clarify some aspects of a topic. In my opinion though, we're trying to cover a lot of topics and sub-topics without clarifying other variables, which leads to puzzles rather than posts. Hopefully we can separate individual topics and sub-topics that we are not clear about, and focus on those only, though I have my doubts about that since we seem to be deep into the main topic and its sub-topics that it would need new threads on its own to cover all bases.
  22. Today
  23. Ok i know what i wanna do but not exactly how. I wanna make a variable for mogglevision. (or use one thats already there, if i can figure that out) After that i just use this variable (like: inst.mogglevision) and simply set this to "false" under the Transformstates 2 and 3 in the quanyecha.lua. example of idea: inst.transformstate = 3 inst.mogglevision:enable(false) In my mind this would make it so when state 2 or 3 triggers the mogglevision gets canceled regardless if already active. ps: i am only recently able to even have such thoughts because of all the stuff i learned today. Yes this is a compliment
  24. Ro-Bin Suggestions

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Night_Light Hehe, that was literally your first statement in this thread
  25. The steam turbines set up in series keep the steam from going over 140C in any one chamber, so the steam engine stays right around 99C self cooled. The steam generators don't overheat at 100C in the classic sense. They just don't work until they drop under 100C again. No overheat issues have happened yet! Also note the automated liquid shutoffs are in a vacuum to prevent petroleum from transferring heat in that small 1x2 space. The petroleum touching the door in the collection chamber was a bit of a design error. I will need to rotate the door so it isn't transferring all the precious heat that's used to convert the crude oil!
  26. Bad Derpy art corner/Dump of doodles

Well, might change the pfp again (From my tiny hewgodooko) Ever heard of pullin a meme mine, or a spatch, or just playing a @minespatch Very interesting fill pattern... How did you make it so that there was a bunch of tiny handnoses? oh yea, patched up holes and colored it You forgot to draw alien gladiator @watermelen671, and she might be one of the few left to draw, with the constantly changing subtitle
  1. Load more activity