All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ok I thought my Seagate HDD 1TB would be enough to handle this job. But I didn't want invest yet. I was giving up too early and try it again without mods and check what @Zillvr suggested. Thank you everyone! I thought I stuck on this problem alone. Maybe it's also a performance problem with the world gen I wonder?
  3. And that did not work either. Resetting the fridge by opening and closing the door below also does nothing.
  4. Why I will NOT be purchasing Hamlet.

????????
  5. Do you mean when you light it on fire, scorpions and vipers come out? If so, that's intentional. Fire flushes the critters out of the forest. If you mean after the tree is burnt when you chop it, that would be a bug. But I can't repro that.
  6. There's no money in my Steam wallet. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a $10 card soon, then I can even get a cheap DST skin along with it.
  7. Year of the Carrat 2020

Personally I'm more interested in 2021 - Year of The Beefalo. Maybe for Year of The Carrat there could be a new boss - The RATatouille.
  8. Hi Plenty of food inside the grill. BBQ & Pepper bread ordered, priority 8. Many dupes are under "no pending deliveries", with a quite strange description And for those under "low priority", Travaldo could be an example. Cooking is high priority, but when I'm checking grill errand list, nothing is high priority. It has worked well, but not anymore, and not from a long time. I've tried to unbuilt grills, then build it again, nothing better. I already had some bugs with grills where I had to deconstruct it to make it working again. But now, it doesn't work anymore. I've reload the game, back to normal. And two mintues later, back to this error status. Game restarted, back to normal, until it bugs again... OxCD's Factory.sav
  9. Just have a way for dealing with the fire caused by fire hounds (like Ice Staves or a Luxury Fan). It also faces the issues of dart stacking, which is used in the Glommer Nuke exploit, though if you don't hold down the attack key and just shot one dart at a time, it may help prevent that.
  10. This just kinda exacerbates the problem with hounds. It really shouldn't be about just sitting at your base while you wait for hounds. When you're on the land you can easily outrun them until you either reach your traps or find something to distract them long enough for you to divide and conquer. In SW amphibious hounds aren't much of an issue due to boats working similar to how you would walk around normally. But boats are a little more clunky (in a good way) and a lot slower. So hounds don't work the same as they do on land. For that, I was actually prepared for. Water balloons can be a life saver. Especially if you forgot to put a lightning rod down and/or don't have room for one... Honestly, I can only see WX, Wigfrid and maybe Wolfgang being able to tank an entire hound attack. It's really difficult to get in any hits when their attacks constantly interrupt yours.
  11. Pikos can steal teleportato Things

Changed Status to Closed
  12. Pikos can steal teleportato Things

This isn't really a bug because you can get it back. They store what they take in their trees.
  13. Yeah, plus the quests in Hamlet are way too little compared to what I'd like. My idea would be basically take the vanilla Adventure Mode and pump it full of steroids - make it bigger, more complex, more awesome. And make 3 or 4 of those If Klei focused on that instead of trying to make another sandbox mode I think the fans would be happier.
  14. juicy berry bushes + a warp is better than stone fruits. you have to mine every stone fruit everytime you want food
  15. Never met hounds at sea, it seems annoying though. In Shipwreck, the ships are faster enough to run, but don't think you can out run them in DST. Most of the time, you should be able to tank it off, but occasional, if you are full of items collected from the islands, and low in health, sanity, and not enough armors around, it is a death sentence indeed. I am sure in the future, there will be more features to armor the ship, so it can fight back.
  16. CPU Usage

@Captain_Rage Haven't fiddled with anything, like i said everything is set to default, even the tick rate (it's set to 15). Will try with adding '-threaded_physics' but from what I read I have my doubts would help. I copied the entire folder from my server to my friend's server and he said that it started to lag at 9-10 players, at 12 the host was red. One core that is running Main is constantly at 100%
  17. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Do you have a gif of using the electric darts on them?
  18. Hamlet tries to do that. There are several "quests" to do, such as going to the BFB Island for the egg and scepter, going to the Palace Island to get the city building items, etc. Then there are more optional ones like the Pugalisk and Queen Womant (which there is no reason to do after the first time). The problem is that they leave several other islands and most of the ruins by the wayside, and are themselves rather devoid of surprise and excitement, being roughly the same each time.
  19. Best Way For Meat?

Use moonstone to farm werepigs if you have enough pig houses, which solves food and armor issues once for all. You get hundreds of each every full moon safely. make lots of meat racks (I have 80), and jerky is all you need for food, sanity and health. I bundle extra for boss fights. I used to farm bunnies, but it's very easy to get killed, if you accidentally pick up a meat or hit a bunny when your befriended bunnies dead that you unaware of. I no longer cook other food for healing, because it's very time consuming. Jerky is all you need, it's efficient and does it all.
  20. As others has noted, Alzheimer's is too touchy a subject to be added as a mechanic. It's horrible, traumatizing. If we really wanted a 'forgetfull' character mechanic, short term memory loss would've been a better option if done right.
  21. Wes-a-week™

I don't want to put any pressure on you, but I've got a great feeling about this. Eagerly anticipating future weeks!
  22. I assume this is a bug since all other thieves will ignore them.
  23. I put a bit more effort into figuring all this stuff out, based on other info that was posted here, and find a reliable, simple way to contain it or deal with it once and for all. - Infected or already sick dupes should not be allowed to share the same living space as healthy dupes in any way. Infected may get sick, and sick will emit packets of polluted o2 with germs that will infect other dupes. - Vitamin chews, immuno boosters and med packs are, imo, a complete waste of time and effort. As long as infected dupes share the same space, it will always be a vicious cycle. I did a little experiment where i built an isolated quarantine dungeon, with amenities, food, decor, all that stuff. Not a med bay room, it wouldn't make sense in this context, as i was not intending to cure them. At the start of this experiment, i only had 3 sick dupes, and no dupes that had been exposed to germs; picked all 3 sick dupes and tossed them in there. Any dupes that had been exposed would have been tossed in as well. Then just waited for them to get cured. As they did, i immediately kicked them out of quarantine. In the meanwhile, i deleted all the infected polluted o2 packets indoors so no one else would get sick. This would have been the ideal scenario where prevention would have been strictly enforced since very early on, having a completely germ free atmosphere indoors (which i thought i did in the op, and was completely wrong because i was silly and didn't properly use the gas overlay) Based on this, enforcing strict quarantine and isolation, instead of employing prevention and cures, seems to be the best course of action from very early game. This may significantly reduce the chances of outbreaks or maybe even eliminate the problem completely (still has to be verified) after exosuits are employed. It will slow down all the work that has to be done, but sick dupes are not very productive anyways, and the problem will not go away by itself. Note: all this is based on the "no one goes outside without an exosuit" rule. If you let your dupes out in the wild in their underwear, maybe this does not apply ---------------------------------------- TLDR: consider slimelung as a zombie outbreak. If they get infected or are already sick, lock em up tight until they heal or die. Outside of the main colony. No exceptions. And forget about snake oil cures. I believe the above is a good way to deal with it.
  24. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Seeing as we on the topic of Wheeler...
  25. New to Hamlet, need a few tips

Thanks Majestix, believe me, I've tried to wean myself off meatballs since RoG but there just isn't a more efficient option. Pierogi need eggs which you can only get by feeding a bird - very inefficient. Plus you don't usually need health from food, you need to reduce hunger first and foremost. Turkey Dinner needs drumsticks, not exactly a reliable food item to get. Same for most other ingredients - they're way too annoying to obtain compared to 1 monster meat and 3 fillers for meatballs. Actually I've been complaining about the food system for years now. They made meatballs simply too efficient and most other recipes too much pain in the butt to get. I had hoped so much they'd fix it in SW but it's even worse. The comparison between how much work it takes to fill up from mussels or lobsters or fish vs. meatballs is ridiculous. Basically the core problem is most reasonably easy recipes only give around 30 hunger - if Klei fixed that they would fix 80% of the meatball problem.
  1. Load more activity