All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. While Burning Frenzy is active, and the Burning Bernie skill is owned, BERNIE! shares the damage boost Willow receives against burning targets. This would help incentivize going for more than all fire perks, or all bernie perks, as a "hybrid" Willow playstyle.
  3. The title is a little long winded, but what I really mean is that Lunar Fire-Raisers set shadow aligned enemies (Such as normally fire immune enemies like Crawling Terrors) on Lunar Fire, which would be much more damaging, but likely would not work with Burning Frenzy. It'd be vice versa for Shadow Fire-Raisers on lunar aligned enemies. However, since there are no lunar aligned enemies that don't take fire damage (at least to my knowledge), Shadow Fire would work on all wet and submerged enemies, as well as Depth Worms and Tentacles. It likely wouldn't work on non-aligned creatures, or creatures of the same alignment as the Fire-Raiser. Having more or less damage output based on what affinity you pick makes the choice between the two more meaningful outside of just what they do. I think to balance it out, their base damage should be lowered (wherein the fire status effect would add up to more damage overall), and or the hidden 10% damage boost towards the opposite affinity (which I'm not totally sure actually exists).
  4. The sunken chest was able to spawn under one of the Great Tree Trunks making it unobtainable
  5. Today
  6. Oh, that certainly would be cool! And quite in line with what we know of Wilson before he became a gentleman scientist! We have plenty of evidence that Wilson used to dabble in medical science (perhaps possibly even studied as a surgeon) and I certainly think his feats of making the meat effigy, the telltale heart and the booster shot should be recognized more. In the Forge, he could revive other characters 3 times faster and in the Gorge, the accompanying skin set (Victorian) showed him as a physician. Maybe a reduced craft needed for healing items a la the construction amulet could be great for new players, while for experienced players it's more of good convenience, just like the transmutation tree. That said, the honey poultice craft was decently cheap already so I wonder if it can be changed to just needing 1 honey and 1 papyrus..
  7. I have the feeling 99% of the players get your point but making it into a iridescent gem is far too expensive. It absolutely sucks, to be honest.Especially for players who are mediocre at the game and want to keep their worlds to have FUN, in them. Talking about exploits though, it adds a unfinished but interesting feel to gameplay. People before me have said this is a sandbox game. It is. Hundreds of skins, mods, etc… even on console you have so much accessibility. Don’t ruin it by making the idols expensive. Some people did suggest to make only the portal expensive, which is one of the best points and ideas I’ve ever heard. Infinite replay-ability with characters should come at a more expensive cost, IN THE BEGINNING. ofc this is all my opinion though.
  8. I'm sorry to say this, but this idea is truly dreadful. This is out of game balances and concepts that Klei made. It's a forum where even the value of leaving comments seems worthless, but just in case Klei might find it confusing for game balances, I left one
  9. The main problem with this is that it would probably hurt people who actually want to change characters the most. Newer players in particular already have a hard time scraping together enough moon rocks and purple gems to swap. I’ve hosted worlds where my friends couldn’t swap so we just had to start over (and lose some cool worlds), and a more difficult crafting recipe just means we would’ve needed even more experience before we finally pulled it off. Not to mention how much time it can take to get an iridescent gem, regardless of skill level. Anyone who’s looking for an exploit is going to find one, and it’s not like you can’t ask a friend to quickly join your world as Warly or Winona or whoever. And if that really isn’t an option for you, I don’t think it’s wrong to want access to some of the multiplayer perks. There’s also just… nothing wrong with metagaming imo. I don’t typically swap characters or use a ton of exploits bc I don’t like it, but I don’t even care that much what other people do on my worlds (much less what people are doing on private worlds I’ll never see).
  10. No, it isn't. Meta comes from Greek, as many of our words do. It's a prefix that has been in use in the English language for a long time to mean "going beyond" or "transcending." Some common uses are metaphysics, which studies things beyond the physical realm, and meta-analysis, which combines the results of many different studies together to form a better "full picture" of all data available. When attached to gaming, metagaming, it carries the same meaning. Meta gaming is when you look into the systems, mechanics, and statistics to determine things rather than simply reading the thematic sections of the book and following your gut. To a meta gamer it doesn't matter what the narrative says, because the rules are the real regulators of the game. Gaming was dropped from metagaming, as the gaming part was a bit superfluous. When you're talking about gaming you only need to say "meta" for people to know what you are talking about. Whatever this "Most Effective Tactic Available" thing is, it is a post-hoc addition. It probably helps people communicate the idea of what "meta" is, but it is not what "meta" means. More likely it was some influencer's clickbait video tag line. Anyway - all that aside - Meta is entirely about data. Its all about uncovering the numbers, the facts, the actual mechanics of the game beyond what anyone "intends" and deciding what to do based on that. Metagaming is inherent in humans. We are pattern recognizing, problem solving creatures who don't even need access to the code to figure many of these things out. Further - meta gaming is essential to DST. Just imagine if you re-started every game and weren't able to know all of the things you know, what a different experience DST would be lol. Absolutely! You're correct with your post. DST does have a meta layer. The thing about DST is that it isn't so "hard" that you need to pick a certain character, or do a certain action, so there is a lot of freedom of choice without violating any meta advantages. imo this is the advantage of DST being "easy." I put easy and hard both in quotes b/c those terms themselves have a bit of nuance. When something becomes "hard" in a pve game it doesn't always mean that its hard to execute in a player-skill sense, but rather that of the options available only a few can succeed. Such as type damage on Pokemon - if you are going against the Rock gym you can't really bring electric / normal type mons and expect to win. The gym is "hard" only in that it requires you know which types exist in the gym and how to counter it. Once you have the counter types and proper levels the gym is actually easy to defeat as a matter of raw skill. DST is an "easy" game in a sense that it ensures many play styles are viable. You could survive successfully without ever using a single crafting station, because all it takes to survive - as you clearly pointed out - is to keep your health, hunger, and sanity up. If you look at the meta methods for food production you can find some very efficient, high production farms. That's great BUT the threshold of food required per player is not very high so we can freely engage in this activity if we wish or ignore it and just take what food comes our way. That's just it though, sometimes we ask questions. What is the best farm layout? Which crops provide the most value? How best to protect a base from burning in summer? How to find Atrium fastest? etc In these subjects we will definitely see the meta of DST come out. imo Klei has done a pretty good job of giving us a game that allows us to explore, exploit, and maximize in an enjoyable way while also not requiring it.
  11. I assumed that Klei was correct in feeling they wouldn't be able to make this look good, but yeah, it can look good enough, and I think having an imprecise display that at least gives you a decent idea of how much of a thing you actually have is better than having an imprecise display that above 999 things doesn't tell you anything more precise than "you have more than 999 of this thing."
  12. I love Slurpers so much. Also the Ruins Clockworks are just so cool looking!
  13. Except it kind of is? It's not like this implementation is an accident, or that something made this easier to access than expected. Klei decided this was what they wanted. If you guys want to dictate how other people play so bad, run your own servers and mod the item as you see fit. Even if that were the origin or most common usage of the term meta (it's not, and you didn't even get the last word right), it'd still be debatable if you were correct here. In what sense is ducking into the caves the Most Effective Tactic Available? It hinders your ability to do any of the things that can only be done in the overworld, it isolates you from what is likely your main base of operations, and subjects you to a more intense version of most of the overworld's dangers. The only thing it is strictly speaking the Most Effective Tactic Available for is very specifically avoiding wildfires, and I would argue that if everybody decides that the best way to deal with a mechanic is to avoid it that maybe it's not very ****ing fun. I use the word avoid, specifically, because when you go to the oasis or the caves, you are not abusing or exploiting anything. The fact that retreating to these places prevents your pretty base and world from burning to the ground is by design! These things are tools that Klei purposefully put in your toolbox for dealing with summer. A crazy person could get to thinking that maybe the devs recognize that this aspect of the game is just not going to be much fun to everybody! Which brings me to the next point: Ding ding ding ding ding! Give the lad/lass/person a prize! When you switch characters, you are not exploiting or abusing anything, because this feature is a deliberate design choice. And it's not the Most Effective Tactic Available either. What's the Most Effective Tactic Available? Playing with people. The most effective way of accessing another characters' unique abilities is to play with somebody who wants to play that character. But for a number of reasons, this is not always feasible and/or desirable. Maybe you only want to play in a small group that doesn't have enough room for all those characters, or your group just doesn't find playing a specific character very fun. Or, you know, you're playing the game alone, a thing that lots of people do, which is a fact that the developers are aware of. I personally don't find switching characters to be fun. I mostly play alone, and I actually mostly like to play the character I'm playing and leverage its advantages and deal with its challenges, so my least favorite part of any playthrough is going through tons of prepping to go switch to Warly and do days and days of cooking all at once to gain the benefits of his damage boosting food, after which I switch back. Is it good that the game enables this? I dunno. Personally, I think most of the DST original bosses are unpleasantly bulky damage sponges and just don't have much fun fighting them for the length of time expected, and this is how I deal with that. But I know that that's like, lots of players' favorite part of the game. So maybe in aggregate it's fine the way it is? A similar argument can be made for summer wildfires: lots of people find summer incredibly annoying for this reason, but I actually like having a specific time of the year I'm encouraged to go down into the caves and do my cavey things (which, I would like to point out, is very clearly an intended result of the game's current design). Gosh, if only there weren't all these people playing the game that aren't me.
  14. I plan on stacking two feathers on top of each other to simulate having one thick feather, since its really hard to find just ONE red plume at a decent price, not including $50 shipping yeesh. The feather with and without a slightly smaller one stacked on top. I chose the most untrimmed looking feather since it felt more lush and 1900s-y. Theyre longer than they look in the photo lol
  15. Monkeys. Litteraly meet all the criteria. Design is cool. Looks like a normal monkey untill it opens it's mouth to reveal hell. Dst horror. Mechanics are cool. Their scary appearance is paired with their scary behavior. Temporarily docile they make you wonder if you got the time to pass them. And if you don't - expect the most intense chace scene this game has to offer. Loot is cool. Absolutely. Bananas, morcel, nightmare fuel, beard hair and poop all from 1 monkey. I like murdering this creature. Who dosen't?
  16. Try hammering broken pseudoscience stations during your next ruins reset. They drop all trinkets. I'm in 6k megabase world and I have about 15 gnomettes from all those ruins clears I did over the years.
  17. What if the spider just walked through some portal or rift and wagstaff found him
  18. Is comical how people want to make inaccessible changing characters just because you can access a portion of the power as playing with multiple people Changing characters is op but is something shouldnt be hard nerfed, as common sense dictates, because is simply changing characters. Is like going to prison because you have hands and you can use them to steal or kill, not everybody that changes characters is to min max but to simply, you know, play another character. Maybe people should suggest things to increase the difficulty when playing with more people since you dont need to update the portal, dont need to waste idols and the sinergy is wider than when you are limited to 1 character at once Apparently people want the game to be as easy for them as always while nobody can take advantage or enjoy features that opens fun options like not being forced to play all the time with the same character
  19. BYW, hope there to be a method to move all stack to another slot in the chest.
  20. I know there's the whole data unlock thing, and it's fine if the data on the creature isn't unlocked in the book until it hatches (I even like that) but it'd be nice to be able to prepare a pen for critters when we get a 'new egg.' (I've played enough to know what's what, but even from a new player's perspective:) I see this egg, it's called a "stone hatch egg." I don't know what that is (and am choosing to not look it up on the web because I don't want to be spoiled). I have no idea what it is, but I know it's special. When it hatches, I'd like it placed in a certain pen/ranch. It'd be nice to be able to tell the drop-off and pick-up to put the critter there, even though it hasn't hatched yet.
  21. I've never heard of this 100k challenge mod before, it'd be cool if something like that was made part of an official mod.
  22. pure buff for no reason. My favorite kind of QOL
  23. best part is this has a decent chance to be heard considering how unfinished frostjaw is
  24. 1. Walter, I adore his quotes and sanity management and he has some very nice skins (also doggy). 2. Wes, I adore his dedication to the bit and he's just a silly guy, and I reached some milestones for the first time as him like first summer. 3. I'm cheating but it's a tie between Wormwood and Wendy, something about the two and what I can do with them in combat is so entertaining to me. Both are extremely fun and the AoE damage they provide makes them a delight.
  25. 100% agree. Character swap is a powerful ability, not a right. Also indirectly would make wilson more useful
  1. Load more activity