Dedicated server - upload OWN world

Hey there,

i launched a dedicated server and set it up as well. But now i dont want to continue on a random world with my frieds but with the world we used before. How is it possible to "copy-paste" the world from one of my five slots into the servers files to run our world on the server? i've tried everything but always when im restarting the server its creating a new random world...

thanks for your help already :)

It should actually be rather easy to migrate your Client hosted DST world to a dedicated server.

Just copy over the cluster.ini file and the Master (and Cave) folders into a named folder of your choice into your save folder on the server machine, and edit your launch script(s) accordingly.

For example create the folder ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer and then copy your files in there. (The entire Master and Cave folders, and the cluster.ini)

Afterwards edit your launch script to use said folder, for example using the example from above:

#!/bin/bash
./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

To launch the Master shard, and if you have a Cave shard as well, use the following command as well:

#!/bin/bash
./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Cave

I'm running my servers on Linux, so these are the Linux commands and paths, for other operating systems paths and commands are different, but the way of migrating your map over is the same.

You might be uising a completely different startup script, so just modify it accordingly, or copy your folders to the appropriate location described in your script.

well i did everything you recommended and it worked only partly. so the name and the password was accepted but thats it. (i think it was even the same biome). nevertheless it looks like the server is automatically generating a new map - so the data is never taken over to 100%. i did copy the cluster_1 files (so my world files). but is it possible that i need to use some other folders as well?

Archived