PROBLEM WITH TWICH LINKED ACCOUNT

• Developer

Hello @NiKKo_DArK I apologize for the problems that you are having. I have a few solutions to offer, but I would like to check your account first to see if I can fix the problem from here rather than going back and forth asking you to do different things. Can you please provide your “Klei User ID” (also known as “KU”)? Thank you in advance.

20 hours ago, YormanA said:

Hello @NiKKo_DArK I apologize for the problems that you are having. I have a few solutions to offer, but I would like to check your account first to see if I can fix the problem from here rather than going back and forth asking you to do different things. Can you please provide your “Klei User ID” (also known as “KU”)? Thank you in advance.

Hey @YormanA Thanks for feedback, there's my Klei User ID - KU_6l2fWmjB

• Developer

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay replying to you.

I went ahead and disconnected the Twitch account that you had linked with your Klei Account identified by “KU_6l2fWmjB”.

Please log out and then log in again from the Klei Accounts website to refresh the data that the system has cached in your session. You should be able to see the button to link your new Twitch account in the “Linked Accounts” page.

Please keep in mind that the “link” between Twitch and Klei is placed in two system (theirs and ours), I can assure you that the link on our side has been removed but cannot guarantee that it has been removed from their system just yet. It usually takes a few minutes for their system to sync the changes. If after one hour of seeing this message you still cannot link your new account, please send me another message and I will investigate.

Thank you for playing our games, let us know if you have suggestions to make them better.

Cheers.

19 hours ago, YormanA said:

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay replying to you.

I went ahead and disconnected the Twitch account that you had linked with your Klei Account identified by “KU_6l2fWmjB”.

Please log out and then log in again from the Klei Accounts website to refresh the data that the system has cached in your session. You should be able to see the button to link your new Twitch account in the “Linked Accounts” page.

Please keep in mind that the “link” between Twitch and Klei is placed in two system (theirs and ours), I can assure you that the link on our side has been removed but cannot guarantee that it has been removed from their system just yet. It usually takes a few minutes for their system to sync the changes. If after one hour of seeing this message you still cannot link your new account, please send me another message and I will investigate.

Thank you for playing our games, let us know if you have suggestions to make them better.

Cheers.

Hi,

Great, everything works good now.

I linked my new Twitch account and it seems to work right.

What about my problem, i want to be clear - the main problem was that I did not disconnect my Klei account on Twitch before deleting the account on Twitch.

Thank you very much for your help and feedback. I really appreciate that.

Love your games, K.

• Developer

Hello again,

I’m glad you were able to link the new account.

The problem that you reported before is the one that prevented you from linking the new account. Because Twitch doesn’t let us link two player IDs to the same profile. Once I disconnected your Klei account from your deleted Twitch account, the slot was made available and that’s why you were able to connect/link the new one.

Our plan is to let every user to unlink/disconnect their Klei account from Twitch directly from the “Klei Accounts” website, but I’ve discovered some problems with the code so I’m still running tests to make sure it works 100% of the time. Then, I will release that button and everyone will be able to do what I did with your account by themselves.

Thank you for liking our games.

Archived