Need Help Fixing Names Tex

keyclock

Hiya all,

So I've been having a rough time getting the names_esctemplate and names_gold_esctemplate to appear on the character selection screen. I continuously looked over if I made any error and even looked over the tutorial (Using Extended Sample Character Template by Dragon Wolf Leo) I used for my mod and tried looking in the forums for the solution, I just can't seem to find one.

As i'm about to show you below if I just select my mod the name doesn't appear, yet if i hover over the other characters their name would stay in place of where his name is suppose to be.

Spoiler

noname.thumb.png.4fa31b2ef01c0c64323795772332ebf3.pngrandom.thumb.png.d92e217a752f5dc6a7dbe031ba8a84f1.pngmaxwell.thumb.png.0a9c815e17d6f833c29bcdff3dcc3591.png

As I looked over it carefully everything looks correct so i'm pretty stumped at what I am suppose to do. The png pictures of the names both gold and grey were automatically compiled by the don't starve mod tools i've doing that over and over and got the same result. Any help would be appreciated i'm not much of a wiz with finding solutions to something like this. Thank you all for your time and hope to hear from you all soon.

"Names" titles are dst specific (I'm saying this because this is the ds mod forums and you won't get much help here for a dst problem) and I did have a solution to this problem posted but it seems that its lost in the garbage pail of 220+ posts now. Either way the solution is simple, read the notes (updated v1.2.4).txt in the images folder of the character template, it tells you to change the text of xml:

<Atlas>
    <Texture filename="names_characternamehere.tex" />
    <Elements>
        <Element name="characternamehere.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" />
    </Elements>
</Atlas>

as by default its still estemplate after you build the tex and xml files (even though the png's name is different) and like the last post I said related to this problem "choose either gold or the regular color as I don't know how to make them both work".

Archived