new update crashes

fcannon

After I downloaded a 50Mb update on the 08/11/18 i opened the game and found that when I opened a previous save, the build menu would make a noise when I approached a science machine or similar but would not let me open the menus to build anything. I then tried another saved game but found the same effect.

When I tried to create a new game, it doens't work and will give me the attached error screen. In addition, when I go to the report bug screen, I cant enter any information and the game locks up when I try to click any of the buttons.

Any ideas?

crashlog.xcf

Cant enter/make a world. Have validated the files, disabled all mods, reinstalled the game. Still nothing.

It gives me the error "attempt to index field 'PorklandDLC_btn (a nil value)

Was hoping to play some Dont starve today but will prob not if they dont fix this problem soon.

Edit 1: spelling

Edit 2: Bug reporter not even working corrrectly, could play this game yesterday with no problems.

• Developer
37 minutes ago, Cimadiv said:

Cant enter/make a world. Have validated the files, disabled all mods, reinstalled the game. Still nothing.

It gives me the error "attempt to index field 'PorklandDLC_btn (a nil value)

A fix was just pushed to address this.

>>Bug reporter not even working corrrectly, could play this game yesterday with no problems.

Could you tell me what is not working there for you? I have received quite a number of bug reports so it must be something specific.

2 hours ago, fcannon said:

After I downloaded a 50Mb update on the 08/11/18 i opened the game and found that when I opened a previous save, the build menu would make a noise when I approached a science machine or similar but would not let me open the menus to build anything. I then tried another saved game but found the same effect.

When I tried to create a new game, it doens't work and will give me the attached error screen. In addition, when I go to the report bug screen, I cant enter any information and the game locks up when I try to click any of the buttons.

Any ideas?

crashlog.xcf

Same thing! Tabs from the left don't work, crafting is not allowed...

SOS!!! My first 47 day, I'm gonna die :( 

Hi, I'm new to Don't Starve, it was working fine until this morning 11/08/18

I load the game and seems fine until I press play then I get the Warning message attached.

No "Mods" or any external scripts.

Re-installed several times with no difference

Please help, I have very limited computer skills and may not be able to fix it myself.

Thanks in advanced

Don't Starve.jpg

17 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Could you tell me what is not working there for you?

Hello bizziboi

Thanks for the quick update and i did have some time to play Dont starve yesterday before it was time to go bed! :)

As i said in the previous post i was running a clean installation of the game, after the gave me the crash information (the nil value) i pressed the "Report Bug" button.

After that the bug report screen showed up looking as it was supposed to, but when i pressed the textbox to write the bug report nothing happend.
After that the game crashed (i think) , the highlight when hovering over the Submit button and the other button was not working. It worked before pressing the textbox.

I am running a 1440p monitor so i suspect it might be something with the resizing and the click/focus action on the textbox.

I hope my information will help you solve the issue and please contact me if you want further information!

Have a wonderfull day!

• Developer
1 hour ago, Cimadiv said:

Hello bizziboi

Thanks for the quick update and i did have some time to play Dont starve yesterday before it was time to go bed! :)

As i said in the previous post i was running a clean installation of the game, after the gave me the crash information (the nil value) i pressed the "Report Bug" button.

After that the bug report screen showed up looking as it was supposed to, but when i pressed the textbox to write the bug report nothing happend.
After that the game crashed (i think) , the highlight when hovering over the Submit button and the other button was not working. It worked before pressing the textbox.

I am running a 1440p monitor so i suspect it might be something with the resizing and the click/focus action on the textbox.

I hope my information will help you solve the issue and please contact me if you want further information!

Have a wonderfull day!

Hmmmm, that's odd. I'll have to take a look. The BugReporter is a bit finicky, so it could be,

Are you on Windows or another platform?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Are you on Windows or another platform?

Hello again

I am currently using Windows 10

I reset my computer yesterday (see image)

Before i downloaded any games i made sure i had updated graphics drivers (see images), and also i made sure that i had the latest windows updates (see image)

I hope my information will be helpfull. If you want further information please reply!

winUpdate.png

winReset.png

gDrivers2.png

gDrivers.png

Archived