Improved Objects Placing / Mouse & Keyboard Support

Hi All,

I am playing DST for quite a while now and the biggest problem I have noticed that I could not find any answer to is placing objects on PS4. While I was playing on PC it was fine, everything was easy and enjoyable and I was not even using any mods such as Geometric Placement. Building base was quick and easy. On the other hand on PS4 it is very frustrating sometimes, not even speaking about 5-10x more time spent trying to have everything placed as close/even to other things but also it is really easy to move your thumb stick so it will place it in wrong place so I have to demolish it and start over.

Is there going to be any improvement on this? I was thinking maybe about putting an option to turn on/off placing on the grid in the settings? So it would work in a pretty much the same way as wall snapping? Or my second thought was to implement a possibility of using mouse and keyboard, but this option might not be as convenient for most of the players.

This game is out on PS4 for a very long time now and I really would like to know what is the Devs point of view on this. It is a great game and I know this is a big issue for a lot of players on PS4.

The Geo Mod is one i wish they'd implement on the consoles. As you said building an aesthetically pleasing base is very tedious, time consuming, and just plain frustrating. I have OCD and it drives me insane not being able to control the placement of my structures. I have learned to live with it and just look past the nonuniform aspects of my bases, but it still aggravates me to no end.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:51 AM, MrHenry04 said:

Is there going to be any improvement on this? I was thinking maybe about putting an option to turn on/off placing on the grid in the settings? So it would work in a pretty much the same way as wall snapping? Or my second thought was to implement a possibility of using mouse and keyboard, but this option might not be as convenient for most of the players.

I was also thinking of acting the right thumb stick as a mouse when in build/place mode when pressed? Simple as that. And there might be many more better ideas.

Klei, please at least let us know if there is any possibility that you can make it easier/better or it's just a waste of time for me trying to help you to improve the gameplay on PS4.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:20 AM, MrHenry04 said:

Klei, please at least let us know if there is any possibility that you can make it easier/better or it's just a waste of time for me trying to help you to improve the gameplay on PS4.

I understand that this silence means NO

Archived