Hamlet feedback

Hey,

Thanks for letting us play Beta, it was a lot of fun. There is a lot that I really like about the new DLC. Here are some (hopefully constructive!) thoughts I had whilst playing:

- It would be good if the shack you can buy always spawns nearer the jungle/ wild biomes. I found that if it spawns at the far side of the pig village, it is so far away from all the other biomes that there is much less incentive to purchase it in the first place. There is too much time wasted simply traveling back and forth between the house and rest of the game, quickly making gameplay frustrating and boring. I found I would frequently reset the world and not play until it was in reach of the other biomes.

- Small cave clefts should have a few more rocks to mine, or rooms in them. Because there are so few resources inside, on some game generations it is very difficult to find enough gold in the first few days to create an alchemy machine. Rocks are also rather scarce during the game. Perhaps I never got far enough and this happens, but if not, it would be great if the rocks that you flip could reset after a certain number of days.

-Practical/ useful furniture would make the house more interactive and a lot more fun to use, marking a difference between normal camps in Don't Starve/ RoG, Shipwrecked etc. and the housing feature so unique to Hamlet. It would be great if chairs could restore sanity for a short time when sat on, or there were beds that worked like tents, fireplaces for cooking instead of a campfire, small plants you can grow things inside - maybe aloe or some herbs that you can cook with. I loved that there seemed to be a working fridge available. Understandably, these may have to wear and disappear like regular items, and need re-purchasing, but there seems a pointlessness to adding furniture to the house when it seems like mere decoration. I feel like there are some really cool items in terms of variety and aesthetic, but I sadly feel little inclination to invest a lot of money in the items when they have no practical usage/ do not add to gameplay.

-There are a lot of different decorations, but not much space in the house. It would be nice if we were able to pay for upgrades that increased the size of the house throughout the game, as we earn more oincs. Also, multiple rooms, as seen underground, would be a great feature to make more use of the house.

- I think this is a bug, but I had problems using the fridge. I was only able to store one item and the game would crash when I attempted to retrieve it. I also had similar difficulties with the fridges in the shops.

-The pond was beautiful, but I agree with other users that it could benefit from a little further development. Right now I feel I only really use it to gather flowers but I feel there is a lot more potential there i.e. more resources/mobs.

-Some new items that tied in with the housing/ town nature might be nice. There didn't seem a lot of new mechanisms under a few of the tabs. Things more in line with the sprinkler would be great - I thought that was a very fitting and fun idea. For example, perhaps a few things under the food tab- a barbecue for the garden, a craftable backyard pond for fishing, larger veggie patches like in the Gorge for creating an allotment, a greenhouse?, some fruit trees? In other words, items that increase the ability to domesticate the home space as I feel like this is a feature unique to Hamlet and worth exploiting!! 

Thanks again for letting us play. There really was a lot about this DLC that I thought was great. I'm looking forward to being able to play it again, and to see where you guys take it!

Best wishes

Shona

Archived