My experience with Hamlet during this beta

First I want to give my congratulations to Klei and his entire team for this magnificent work. The DLC Hamlet is almost perfect, I have many positive points, but I want to emphasize some points that I did not like or should improve.
1. Resources
I never thought the scarcity of some basic resources would bring such a challenging and entertaining experience. On the one hand encourages the user to leave the comfort zone of the base and go after what is needed. On the other, in the long run, this could be a problem. The question is, many of the basic features like: Stone, gold, Reliquias are not renewable . Initially they are very easy to achieve, but after a long time becomes very difficult, especially  "rocks ", an essential feature is widely used in many Recipes. One way of letting them be renewable and accessible is something necessary.

du7CT4N.png

2. Mobs

Seriously, most of Hamlet's entities try to kill me, initially it's a difficult thing, but over the course of gambling, the player will be accustomed. Something very good that I noticed, that different from the other DLCs, several mobs have random or special attacks, not decorate the amount of times to attack and retreat, at that point, are congratulations;

2.1 Bosses
I had the chance to kill Snake Pugalisk, and unlike bosses like Quacken and Tiger Shark (too weak), it is intensely amazing the mechanics, attacks and creativity made to create this boss. Despite being easy, when the fight takes place in quiet season, it can be completely challenging to kill during moisture, the mechanics of the seasons fit perfectly with the Boss.

Unlike Pugalisk, I believe that Ant Queen has a good potential, but it fails in world generation, which I will quote more soon. By the way of Hamlet's Cave generation, Boss Fight's experience is very suffocating by the lack of space where it is located.

vdKHMCJ.png

Extra: Please bring seasonal bosses made the sealnado, it's much more challenging. Having to turn with what you have, pass your Suffocand protect the base....

3. Combat Mechanics
Since before RoG, the fight of several mobs against a player has always been a weakness of the Don't Starve, even if the entity has little damage and life. It's just horrible to fight with lot of mobs alone. In Hamlet this experience worsens, because the various ways to accumulate several mobs against a player, such as: Bat Wave, enchame of ladybugs. Sometimes the amount of mobs is so big it can't even run. Missing tools and weapons that have area damage.

4. Stations
I was surprised by the seasons of Hamlet, very different from the previous DLCs. What worries me most is only having practically only two different. Moisture and pollen. 

4.1 Moisture Season

Initially the season is very annoying, because you need something to protect yourself, getting slow and without vision is unbearable. Soon after acquiring the hat, the season ends, because you can already knock it down practically. After that it can only affect during fights, lack of vision is something very annoying. Other than that, I feel like need something more to make this station more challenging.

4.2 Pollen Seasons
I never thought that the characters of Don't Starve had bouts of rhinitis. Different from the previous season (after the upgrade), the use of gas mask became something necessary, and there are several other ways to circumvent that, like the fan, a very good thing. Also during that season the prickly plants begin to invade everything,  but needs a little buff, they invade more, and grow after they are cut.

4.3 Poison Season?
Thinking of a suggestion for a new station, a part of the jungle biome inspired me, that such a station where a poisonous cloud expands over time until it closes. Forcing the player to use methods to prevent the venom. (Forest creatures are adpted)
How it works: The mist will expand from the jungle until close the map completely.
Effects of the season: the pigs will hibernate and the trade will be closed.
All food exposed to the cloud of poison will rot fast.
Will emerge mist creatures that attack the player/mobs give you poison effect directly.
The player gets a little slow when it's in the mist.
How will the player survive? Use of gas mask, or perhaps a possible protective clothing. The ventilator will cause the gas clouds to dissipated in his radius.

5. Pig Trade
Who would say, the player having to work for the pigs to be able to sustain themselves. Amazing idea. The need to get coins to trade is very good, in addition to having to explore another island to get better and rarer items. For me, the trade is ideal, although some items do not have crafting. Example: Cane, eyebrella ....

6. Generation of world
Excellent world generation of Hamlet, but there's only one thing that I didn't like. The way they are generated the caves.
Similar to the ruins, did not like much the way are generated, the space is very limited and also limits the infinite possibilities of uses of it. For me, the ideal would be a generation of caves like those of the other DLCs, another world, but custom. 
* Could have a village of miners inside the caves, opening possibilities for the Commerce of rare items, such as the ruins, as a black market.
* Improve the boss fight with the Ant Queen .
* Best way to find basic features like stone and gold.

7. Biomes
I confess that I don't know the actual name of most biomes, but I will show you a screenshot in which I'm referring. I liked all the biomes, but I have suggestions for one of them.
7.1 transitional Biome That biome that separates the village from the jungle. I thought he was cool, always do the base on it, but he is too quiet, villages, trees of squirrels. I miss more vegetation, also the floor didn't remember much a natural floor, looks like something made and put in that place.

ijpjIAT.png

8. Technical issues that need to be improved: 
* Optimizing the game = game with many active entities, and no uses, the lag is huge compared to the other DLCs.
* More customization options = graphics as well as the mod that allows for more graphics options, the idea would be to add them to Don't Starve. How to: limit the amount of render entities, rain particles, shadow of the forest (Hamlet).
* Fire didn't spread as quickly, or even spread so quickly after being extinguished by the Ice Flingomatic, this causes a big lag, and even various "Ices" active is not able to put out the fire.
* Optimising the crafting UI 

Archived