Ideas For Hamlet Treeguards.

Though I really liked how vivid hamlet is and all its new mobs, I was slightly disappointed that there was no new treeguard introduced (Though its probably due to it being closed beta). So I decided to come up with some ideas about how treeguards could work in hamlet, (with some ****ty Gimp pictures for some).

Rainforest Treeguard: I could see rainforest treeguard be similar to something akin to spider queen, being a slow, tanky mob that summons enemies to fight for him. The spawn itself could depend on the type of condition the tree is, with normal rainforest trees spawning vipers, poison ones could spawn venomous vipers, and cocoon ones could spawn spider monkeys instead.

Claw Palm Treeguard: Because there is several quotes from the characters about cork and its craftable items with it being both buoyant and lightweight, I thought this would be the perfect tree idea for a fast and agile treeguard. It could move around spider speed and have scorpion dodging mechanics. He would also be able to "swim" in water by floating due to the buoyancy. For balance, It will have less health than all variants and slightly less damage.

Tea Treeguard: Due to generally how the tea tree is very similar to the birchnut tree's from RoG I could see a poison birchnut equivalent out of these. The actual enemy spawned could be a piko/birchnutter hybrid type of enemy.
Spoiler

tealeaf.thumb.png.66d7de491f959f85a2d69e7f05a41042.png

Spoiler

5bd636b245828_tealeafsummon.png.5887bdacf5b8cecd9c76ec3289fad60d.png

Tuber Treeguard: Tbh I cant really think of anything interesting for a tuber treeguard. Probably a slight damage resistance and poison? maybe you could use the youth water on a ripe variant to give it a special effect also?
Spoiler

5bd63636c8464_TuberTreeguard.png.1049ee5e124b1bc4cc592e17b63b7c88.png

Great Leafy Stalk Treeguard: This one is mostly a meme idea but the stalks so far are generally their only for decoration only. What if the stalk had a chance to become a stationary giant like Quacken? It could generally be somewhat like a somewhat composite variant of it, in that it uses vines, root attacks like the poison birchnut and summoning vipers from the rainforest/jungle variant.

I hope some of these are introduced, especially a giant treeguard from the rainforest that moves the rainforest with it, attacking with vines from a distance, and with roots when close to the trunk. My fav. though is the Tuber Treeguard because it's different - it might be one of the few treeguards that change appearance, as it does eventually bloom. 

Archived