Day 1 of Beta Testing: Feedback and bugs

(Notice: I am playing Don't Starve Hamlet Beta on a iMac running OS X 10.11 El Capitan. These bugs MIGHT NOT occur on other operating systems!)
So I get started after putting in my beta key. After the game launched I clicked play and notice my one save is gone and all the characters I unlocked are now locked again. I didn't care TOO much. I mean it was just from XP and that's about it. So jumping in game. I played until I died at Day 8. There weren't many bugs, I was surprised at how good the beta was. Controls are responsive and the expansion is fun! So first things first, the frames per second (fps) was fine. 30 FPS like normal. The frames DO drop when going in a jungle biome and the game freezes for a few seconds when saving. Nothing TOO major, but something to take a note on. The Caves and Temples run VERY well. I saw the FPS meter rise to 50+. It was a cool idea. Works well in Don't Starve. Didn't notice many bugs with creatures or pigs due to how I need to learn to play Hamlet. So jump ahead another 30 minutes. I get poisoned by a scorpion. After getting DESTROYED by a Iron Hulk or whatever it was called, the death thing shows up like normal. The poison thing around the border still showed up every few seconds and when the Iron thing moved, it moved the camera a tad. Like the FPS, nothing TOO major, but something to take note of.  Day 1 was GREAT. Very polished. I will try to test daily and try to find any bugs. Until then, have a nice day.

1 minute ago, WizardAlex said:

So I get started after putting in my beta key. After the game launched I clicked play and notice my one save is gone and all the characters I unlocked are now locked again

This is normal : the beta doesn't use your classic save, but different save, so you start from scratch. Your saves are fine in the no-beta branch.

Archived