Modding a Dedicated Server

Hello everyone, i was thinking to start a new dedicated server to play with my friends and setting up some mods, But this thought gave me flashes of PTSD because the last time we played together which was a year ago (not on a dedicated server mind you), There were so many problems with the mods. Some of my friends weren't able to join the server because there were lots of errors, we uninstalled the game, the mods and tried alot of fixes but all was in vain. So we finally resorted to playing the base vanilla game. It was a hassle because there were no global positioning and some really goods mods to improve QOL. We stopped short.

1 year later, we wanted to try again. i done my research on how to run a dedicated server + how to mod it. there is one question i cant find which is : Does modding the dedicated server requires all player to download the mods as well? Thank you

1 hour ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Mods are downloaded automatically when joining a modded server.

Only if :

- they are on steam workshop

- the setting is "all clients require mod"

6 hours ago, darctinium said:

1 year later, we wanted to try again. i done my research on how to run a dedicated server + how to mod it. there is one question i cant find which is : Does modding the dedicated server requires all player to download the mods as well? Thank you

If you want to try again, ensure that all the mods you are installing that require all client to have the mods are on the workshop. If you made a custom mod that require "all client require mod" setting, best solution is to put it on the workshop too.

Archived