Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together exes

Hi, so previously I've had some performance issues with Don't Starve that I managed to resolve by using the Nvidia Control Panel for Don't Starve's exe and now I want to test a few things with Don't Starve Together, but when I tried to do that I noticed that any changes I make affect the single player version. Both of the exe files are named dontstarve_steam and I think that's the issue, whenever I select the DST's exe it opens the one that's already added to the list  and it's the singleplayer version. Any ideas how to manage the 3d settings for DST? I tried adding together to DST's exe but the game wont start after that.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:51 AM, BellumOmnes said:

Both of the exe files are named dontstarve_steam and I think that's the issue,

I told that to Nvidia support as well. They told me affecting the dontstarve_steam.exe for single player will affect the one for multiplayer. I believe this may be true, though not 100% sure, since if you were to uninstall Don't Starve (single-player) and only have Don't Starve Together installed, you will see the DST exe icon when you go to the Nvidia control panel, as shown below. 

As far as I'm aware, this is an issue on Klei's side since if you change the name of the exe file in steam, it will not launch. Don't know accurate this is, but I think they would have to change the exe file name for DST to something more appropriate, like dontstarvetogether_steam.exe instead of the current exe file name dontstarve_steam.exe. I think that would make both games be detected as separate ones instead of one, which is an issue if you use something like GeForce Experience, which only shows Don't Starve even both are installed, or none at all when only DST is installed only. Though you are still able to use Shadowplay regardless of what's been installed.

Capture.PNG

On 9/20/2018 at 5:51 AM, BellumOmnes said:

I've had some performance issues with Don't Starve that I managed to resolve by using the Nvidia Control Panel

As for your performance issues, try these steps I listed in a reddit forum that helped another user.

Yea, that's a problem. Gforce Experience only shows the singleplayer and it's the same thing as shown in your screenshot. I was wondering if there's a way around the name of the exe, but it seems that steam wont verify the new file name. Kinda silly tho, literally a single character more would've solved it. Thanks tho, means a lot that someone replied <3

Archived