The Dissection Table

One of the great things about this game is its twisted scientist feeling, and a new build able science structure that is not a machine used for crafting could fit the theme very well. A building that allows the player to place captured creatures on the table by using current existing methods of capturing, and allow the player to get a specific item from the chosen animal would be a great fit.For example:Birds (which can be caught with bird traps) : feathers of that birdSpiders (Which can be caught with rabbit traps) : SilkRabbits (Caught with rabbit traps of course) : Kind of pointless since they only drop meatFrogs ( rabbit traps) : A new item that is a tongue whip*Beardlings ( Traps ) : Nightmare fuel, because you are cutting into it and not shavingButterflies ( bug net ) : ButterBees ( Bug net ) : HoneyFireflies ( Bug net ) : ???? How this would work? Place the animal on the table. The animal will then be strapped down, and you can come back and dissect whenever you want. After RMB clicking the table, your character will dissect the animal. Doing this will cost sanity and take as long as shaving wilson's large beard. This will also give more naughty points than normal.The tongue whip*: A one use whip that makes targets drop a item they are holding. If krampus runs out of charcoal or stolen items, you can steal his sack. However this sends him into a outrage because you were stealing from him and you took his way of escape.The whip deals little damage, and takes a second to use so a moving target is hard to hit, while a fighting one is more dangerous.Please post all suggestions and criticism :wilsoncj:

Hmm, i think it would make it a bit too easy to get some things (e.g. butter) so it wouldn't be that fun :-|, and by the way, about the "Tongue Whip", i think it wouldn't be this usefull, since the only mob that is holding something, is the Krampus, so it wouldn't have much use.

Edited by DarknesS
Changed some details

Hmm, i think it would make it a bit too easy to get some things (e.g. butter) so it wouldn't be that fun :-|, and by the way, about the "Tongue Whip", i think it wouldn't be this usefull, since the only mob that is holding something, is the Krampus, so it wouldn't have much use.

Well standing over a flower slaughtering butterflies until a butter drops isn't much fun either. It might be fun to get butter the first time, but its very time consuming for something I notice got a huge nerf in stomach points. I'am trying to find a way to work around the randomness of drops.And i wasn't clear as i should of been about the whip, it works on more mobs then krampus because it can knock loose drops that are normally harder to get. Beardling = beard shavingBird = featherRed hound = RubyHound = toothBeefalo = FurThanks for your feedback by the way. Very appreciated.

Well standing over a flower slaughtering butterflies until a butter drops isn't much fun either. It might be fun to get butter the first time, but its very time consuming for something I notice got a huge nerf in stomach points. I'am trying to find a way to work around the randomness of drops.And i wasn't clear as i should of been about the whip, it works on more mobs then krampus because it can knock loose drops that are normally harder to get. Beardling = beard shavingBird = featherRed hound = RubyHound = toothBeefalo = FurThanks for your feedback by the way. Very appreciated.

You got a point there about the Butterflies. To be honest, i NEVER got even 1 butter untill now, in my 500+ in-game days until now.By the way, now i think the Tongue Whip wouldn't be that bad :pBUT! About the Red Hound. I think it should also drop a "Tooth" and have a rare chance of droping a Ruby, just like when killing one. Also i think using Tongue Whip on Hounds wouldn't be that smart, since you are gona kill them anyway :pNow, the Beefalo... You can just shave them in the night, it's gona be easier. But if the Tongue Whip had only a small chance of aggroing them, i would prefer that :pAlso, about the Dissection Table, i don't think you should be able to get a "specific" matterial from the mobs. I think it would be better if it just had a bigger chance to drop good loot (and not only 1, e.g. from a spider, drop a monster meat and a silk, but not allways) Edited by DarknesS