Assitance in Adding Mods

Hello,

Once again I am going insane with configuring servers

I am trying to install mods to my server, in my dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua I have each mod on its own line and each is configured as the following: ServerModSetup("modid")

and in in my mod settings.lua and its configured as the following:

return (

["workshop-modid"] = { enabled = true },

ect

There are three character mods in there, and they do not show up what so ever. I have yet to test to see if the other mods are there because if they dont show up at character select, the other mods aren't working simply because some of the characters are toward the bottom.

I have access to the log and can provide screen shots or files as needed.

Hosting this through Nitrado, and not my actual pc.

8 hours ago, DelusionalMech said:

return (

ect

Firstly make sure that you are using {} instead of () on the return function. Like this:

return {

ect
}

Secondly make sure that the last comma there is not there. (The last one in the script.) Otherwise it'll run into a syntax error.

Not sure how Nitrado handles it, but more one of the most common issue is that people are doing a full integrity check on their game server, so the mod config files are getting overwritten with their empty original versions. Maybe Nitrado has something like that as well.

Also make sure that your files are in the correct locations:

<Server_Install_dir>/mods/dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua
<Save_dir>/<Cluster_Folder>/<Shard_Folder>/modoverrides.lua

If that didn't help, please provide your server startup logs.

So, I may have messed up. The file I thought was modoverides.lua was modsettings.lua and I was able to force enable the mods. However the Issue still stands that I have to do that to even get the mods working. Now my issue is figuring out where the file for modoverride goes.

My file path to get to both overworld and the cave is dontstarve/storage/config/cluster_1

There I have a Master folder cluster.ini cluster_token.txt and the adminlist.txt

Archived