Planters are secret observation towers

I noted some strange results from placing planters in the cellar of LC. They have a larger viewing radius than dupes. Not sure if this is WAI. As inanimate objects it seems unlikely, but if it is intended it works. It also brings to mind using them as a guide to help explore the map. Not sure if something has to get planted for it to 'turn on'. But I may try to see if I can build one at the end of a tunnel to extend my viewing area. The revealed area is maybe 4 tiles larger than a dupe. So when the dupe finishes some exploratory tunnel and doesn't walk in the last tile to get the full viewing reveal. Build a planter instead to see further than the dupe normally could anyway. I may try it out and post some pictures. I'm probably going to be busy restarting LC again.

This is how is realized. The geyser is never typically uncovered. I usually go to great pains avoiding activating it. I didn't know it had been 'uncovered' for cycles. :)

capture_08252018_065055crop.jpg

capture_08252018_065036.jpg

Archived