Fully automated dirt coocker.

I never saw a automated building for cooking dirt. So, I tried to build one.  It's maybe just a bad building and maybe there is far better way to cook dirt. (Share a link if you got one.)

Build in sandbox , I don't know if this is doable in vanilla and I don't know if this is even worth the ressource and the time to build it.

As you all know slime turn into dirt at 125°c, the only problem is that the dirt get transformerd in a block and not a debris when the transformation happen.

5b618a8675f3d_OniDC.thumb.png.67cb3ec7cca3c3dbc27d515c0a509117.png

You may ask how do I break this dirt block then?   Pressure damage.  The door next to the dirt open and with a high pressured room of crude oil (1500kg/tile) the dirt break and then the auto sweeper sweep the dirt to a cooling room. 1*

I will try to explain the building with my broken english.

Spoiler

First of all you don't want the slime to turn into dirt on your conveyor receptacle. So you need a way to stop your dups, so they don't over feed the storage.

Note that the storage that store dirt after the heating processe is set to half of the slime we stored in the machine. 2*

5b61922a98d6d_OniDC1.thumb.png.c614520931e40348aec83ac150b49fef.png

When the first storage is full, the left door close, so dups can't fill up the storage. The right door open so the auto sxeeper can transfer all the slime in the heating room.

Then the slime will heat up to 125°c and melt into dirt. The dirt take pressure damage until the block break.

5b6193a49466f_OniDC4.thumb.png.10a8d0f732361533418e374ba2f445f7.png

The second will open and let the oil flow, so we dont have oil loss by deleting it.

The doors close.

The auto sweeper sweep all the dirt and put it in the left storage of the cooling room. When all the dirt is stored in the left storage the cycle continue, it will open the far left door so dups can put slime in it. The sweeper in the cooling room will switch the dirt to the right storage of the cooling room.

Here the priorities so you can understand better.

Spoiler

5b618fc875092_OniDC3.thumb.png.29f0eea61f65eba71e2ccf4eae77919e.png

I'm bad with automation I believe we can do far better. But here a screen.

Spoiler

5b618f68798f9_OniDC2.thumb.png.af96456235d5e28e7a4ea5d7ca496cbc.png

The auto sweeper and all the conveyor storage in the heating room are made out of steel so they don't overheat. The pressure where we store the slime is greater than 1700g, so the slime don't turn into polluted oxygen. And the thermo sensor is set to 130°c in the heating room.

I repeat I made it in sandbox and I dont know if this is doable in vanilla. And if it is doable I don't know if this worth doing it.

1*. The best way to cool your dirt must be by using the cold Pwater of a cool slush geyser. It take a lot of time with hydrogen.

2*. When dupes mine something you only get half of the ressource, same for pressure damage. (Ex: Meep mine 500 of abyssalite -> Meep is sad because he only get half of what he mined.)

5 minutes ago, Exa said:

question: if slime or algae go higher than 125C on a conveyor rail, does it turn to dirt and stays on rail?

That's the problem, Even on a conveyor rail when the slime melt it create a block and not a debris that stay on the conveyor.

1 hour ago, NaSaltCl said:

2*. When dupes mine something you only get half of the ressource, same for pressure damage. (Ex: Meep mine 500 of abyssalite -> Meep is sad because he only get half of what he mined.)

I was about to ask whether you get the full amount, I guess not. That's sad, so I guess there's absolutely no way to get the full amount except to melt it even further? I found that snow is not that hard to melt and the 50% extra water certainly makes the waiting worth it. But for Dirt ... all that work .. and you still get 50%. :( You might as well dump it next to a volcano and wait for the erruption? I guess there aren't actually that many ways to obtain a heat source with more than 100° of temperature.

13 minutes ago, martosss said:

so I guess there's absolutely no way to get the full amount except to melt it even further?

What do you mean by melting it even further? I believe there no way to get the full amount, if u mine it you get half the amount anyway. Even with debug/sadbox you get half the amount on everything.

You might as well dump it next to a volcano and wait for the erruption?

You need to control the temperature. At 327°c dirt melt into sand and you need to cool the dirt after, so it's not worth heating it to 300°c, if this is for cooling it down to 30°c after.

I guess there aren't actually that many ways to obtain a heat source with more than 100° of temperature.

Don't forget the Glass forge, metal rafinery, thermo aquatuner.

46 minutes ago, NaSaltCl said:

What do you mean by melting it even further? I believe there no way to get the full amount, if u mine it you get half the amount anyway. Even with debug/sadbox you get half the amount on everything.

I mean to turn it into sand, as you just said, which will cause you to lose the DIrt, so it's useless.

47 minutes ago, NaSaltCl said:

Don't forget the Glass forge, metal rafinery, thermo aquatuner.

But won't all of those overheat pretty quickly?

1 hour ago, martosss said:

I mean to turn it into sand, as you just said, which will cause you to lose the DIrt, so it's useless.

We have tons of regolith so making sand is not realy usefull.

1 hour ago, martosss said:

But won't all of those overheat pretty quickly?

I didn't tried but the easiest way is with lava.

Archived