Golden pins are just infuriatingly difficult to get

Right so. Something to get out of the way here. I enjoy difficulty. It fits the game well and in most places, it's really fun. But some of the pins in some of the levels (such as the last gym course) rely on insane amounts of luck. Notice I never said "skill". I do expect them to be difficult, and even more difficult than the level, as it is extra, but please, PLEASE keep it skill based. 

Difficulty is fun, but when it starts to rely on luck-its not

Not terribly in love with the design of pins, but I disagree they rely on luck. They are all purely skill based. What is the element of luck in them? I found some of the frustrating essecially as I attempted to 100% school before doing the masterclass and learning about game's mechanics. 

So far I had the most issues with grabbing the pin in "Repeat the grade". Overall, keeping and maintaining speed is the biggest challenge to me. Oddly enough, I gave up on it a while ago, and just jumped in and got it with couple tries, and from the very start I was doign much better. Seems like I just got better with strafing. 

The one you had mentioned just requires you to move fast. I personally, didn't find it too taxing. 

I have noticed that all collectibles in Wholesale were much easier than in school. I wonder if it has something to do with feedback.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:25 AM, Wormerine said:

Not terribly in love with the design of pins, but I disagree they rely on luck. They are all purely skill based. What is the element of luck in them? I found some of the frustrating essecially as I attempted to 100% school before doing the masterclass and learning about game's mechanics. 

So far I had the most issues with grabbing the pin in "Repeat the grade". Overall, keeping and maintaining speed is the biggest challenge to me. Oddly enough, I gave up on it a while ago, and just jumped in and got it with couple tries, and from the very start I was doign much better. Seems like I just got better with strafing. 

The one you had mentioned just requires you to move fast. I personally, didn't find it too taxing. 

I have noticed that all collectibles in Wholesale were much easier than in school. I wonder if it has something to do with feedback.

The pin in ABCs and 123s is purely based on luck, since the jumping mechanics are not that precise that you can make every jump needed to get the pin every single time. Repeat the Grade Golden Pin was also pretty infuriating, to get that one jump to the exact spot that you need. And I'm not even talking about Chase the Grade pin and comic, they are clearly design for you doing the whole level multiple times for them to get it. Sure, they are doable after time, but needlessly difficult. I'm a fan of the pin placements in Wholesale, they were all more about exploration of the map + some skill, then just stupidly complicated.

Archived