Questions about moding.

First thing first, hey guys, kinda old player here who rly enjoy the game. But just recently i started playing with some moded characters, and i was thinking "Hey that will be cool to have my own characters to play with, just for pure fun with my friends" So this bring the question. Can somone recommended me a good, working tutorial for creating a character mode to play with? Also, i am a graduate student so i have some experience with scripting, i worked in Unity in my university years. I wait eagerly your reply.

alright then:

-1, you need a mod called extended sample character mod; you can install this mod from this site and find videos on YT that help you to make characters.

-2, you need Spriter, a tool that help you for animating parts of your character; it's free and you can search it on internet.

-3, you need a good immage editor like PhotoShop that helps you to create/rework sprite parts that you find inside the mod.

-4, least but not last... You need a lot of Patience and immagination for creating your character, cause it's your character and you make it special as much as you want (you can make it fast, intelligent, hungerless, carry a own starting item, etc)
if you need more help don t esitate to ask, and also, if you know some bindkey lua scripting you can help me :D

For basics on coding, art and some other stuff check out this link:

the character tutorial from mr leo holds up for the most part there are some new things not mention in it but there are notes that people weirdly enough don't follow inside the folders:

otherwise the coding is similar to c++ in multiple ways and if you do get stuck at some point you can ask here in the forums. (think summer college probably took the other modders away for the meanwhile.)