Change Wigfrid's Useless Perk

Tumalu

They seemed enthusiastic when they displayed it on the Rhymes With Play stream, but once I've actually started playing it's like... yeah, it really doesn't do anything?

Wigfrid gets 1 extra meat from slaughtering beefalo. However... you're only ever going to slaughter a few of them (if -any-, because lets be honest, I don't even kill any in at least half of my runs), and it takes practically no time or effort to do so past the Red Mark itself, so there's really no limit here. I suppose when they start running, maybe, but they already start out placed in the corners anyway (to pin them down) and they calm down after awhile.

I've never seen someone use Wigfrid, and the one time her ability seems relevant (making a boatload of extra recipes for high score), it's still not really relevant because you'll just make... anything else? None of the high score runs use her, after all.

Now, if Wigfrid got an extra meat from slaughtering rabbits/pigeons/crabs in addition to beefalo, she'd seem decent. Still not amazing and I don't think she'd be one of the more popular picks (the money is far more the problem than herding rabbits into the trap), but her ability would be serving a purpose. Right now she just gives a little bit extra of an ingredient that takes no time to gather, you already have far more than you'll use, and often don't even use in an entire run.

Archived