Sensor/Valves need work

Iv been trying to get Water Pipes and Valves to work based on a Pipe Sensor based on temp for some system and germs on another.  It really does not matter what you are trying to sense the automation signal is not good.

If you make a "T" pip with a Sensor at the top of the tee and valves on each exit they will not take the volume of water that was "tested"

Like the images attached.

The Sensor will detect say water that is below 60 deg and send the automation signal to the valves to direct the flow but each bead of water will have its own temp

You can have one bead be 54 deg and the next be 130 deg.

The system SHOULD move the 54 deg to the left and the 130 deg bead to the right.  But this does not happen reliably.  Often it will look like it is moving the correct bead but the bead that comes out of the valve is vastly different in temp.

To me this is buggy in the programming of the game.  The Sensor and valves are as close to each other as you can get them.  

I would suggest that Sensors be allowed to be placed RIGHT on Valves automation signal spot and allow the sensor to block or allow the correct bead.

So I would have a "T" with One valve and one sensor of a bead coming in to the valve does not pass the sensor test it is pushed to the pipe leading away from the valve and if it passes then it goes through the valve.

oni01.png

oni02.png

13 hours ago, tulkusiii said:

Iv been trying to get Water Pipes and Valves to work based on a Pipe Sensor based on temp for some system and germs on another.  It really does not matter what you are trying to sense the automation signal is not good.

If you make a "T" pip with a Sensor at the top of the tee and valves on each exit they will not take the volume of water that was "tested"

Like the images attached.

The Sensor will detect say water that is below 60 deg and send the automation signal to the valves to direct the flow but each bead of water will have its own temp

You can have one bead be 54 deg and the next be 130 deg.

The system SHOULD move the 54 deg to the left and the 130 deg bead to the right.  But this does not happen reliably.  Often it will look like it is moving the correct bead but the bead that comes out of the valve is vastly different in temp.

To me this is buggy in the programming of the game.  The Sensor and valves are as close to each other as you can get them.  

I would suggest that Sensors be allowed to be placed RIGHT on Valves automation signal spot and allow the sensor to block or allow the correct bead.

So I would have a "T" with One valve and one sensor of a bead coming in to the valve does not pass the sensor test it is pushed to the pipe leading away from the valve and if it passes then it goes through the valve.

oni01.png

oni02.png

The problem is how you have your split, You should only have one shut off valve. 

How you currently have it a there will be a 10kg packet sitting at the beggining of both valve regardless of what the sensor has detected. 

To solve this have one shut off valve and a pipe going through the shut off valve, I have put a crappy image since I do not have access to my home PC. 

So A is your 54 degrees pipe, B is your whatever is not 54 degrees pipe, S is your sensor and the gold/yellow is your shutoff valve.

IF the fluid is not 54 degrees it will continue on to B, if it is 54 degrees it will continue on to A. There should be no random packets etc going through since Shut off valves take priority over pipes. The flaw with this is that if you run out of power you are snookered as all fluid will g to B, unless you put a shut off before it all. Also this will stop your packets having spaces between them as they don't need to "Check" if there is space in the other pipe.

Below is my aquatuner build, it pumps in whatever water I have, the first shutoff checks to see if its below 30c if it is it goes along and skips the aquatuners, the second shut off checks again, and so does the third. After all is done the water will either loop and repeat itself, or go too my plants.

20180620001247_1.thumb.jpg.c3f5bc21446381c1333098c47000ccd2.jpg

image.png

Archived