Metheus Puzzle Guide and Partner Finder

This is forum meant for helping people find partners in the Metheus Puzzle as well as helping you solve it. If you want a partner then proclaim it down below. It would be helpful if also included your steam account link with your post. It should also be noted that both participants will get the skin rewards at the end. (Visuals coming soon)

Guide:

Spoiler

Set Up: 

A) Complete the Cyclum Puzzle for the Tragic Torch Skin. (Yes, it is still available and needed (Guide for Cyclum Puzzle: https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Cyclum_Puzzles)). 

B) Go to https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/

C) Log in through Steam.

D) Find a Partner (Method is up to you (You can make a dummy account and send your extra game copy to the dummy account or to a close and reliable friend)).

E) Make a way of easy communication (I recommend Discord or Steam Friend Chat, any way you use, I'd still recommend using a series of screen shots). 

Parts 1 of the Puzzle: Take either the gold or black symbols of your partners symbol set, your partner will take the opposite set of symbols that you chose. (EX: Person A takes Person B's black symbol set and Person B takes Person's A gold symbol set).

Part 2 of the Puzzle: This is going to take a few minutes. One of you will be seeing a bunch of boxes with notches in them and the other will be seeing a bunch of random symbols. You will both see a 3x2 grid as well. If you press the button at the bottom of your screen, you will see a 1-6 lights appear in a U shape below the selection grid. You have to get all the lights to light up by matching the proper symbol with the proper square in the correct place 6 times to finish this part of the puzzle. To make this easier, Klei put the needed symbols on the other persons screen. The placement of the symbols will help determine which symbols/ squares match. The next part is going to be really tedious. One person put all of the same symbols/square in all of the same spaces and the other person putting the corresponding symbol/square in 1 row a different symbols/square. When you press the button, either one or zero lights will appear. If there is no lights showing up then switch the row and try again. If one light appears then you need to determine which space in the row by putting a different symbol/square in the other two spots. Keep on trying until you see the light show again. Once you have determined the placement of the 1st symbol/square keep repeating the same process (without touching the actual correct ones) until all the lights have been lighted. If you have the button glowing orange, then screenshot both screens (Heavily Recommended).  

Part 3 of the Puzzle: Use this Guide made by Cheetos.

Tip: Make a World that is specially designed to the items to go inside the chest (EX: Walking Cane Needed? Then make the world start of with winter and find a MacTusk hut or put the remains of previous survivors to "Lots" (A walking cane appear from survivor remains)). I also recommend putting a password on the world so that other people can't interfere. Finally, remove all hostile mobs and make the world size "Small" so that you can go about finishing the puzzle as quickly as possible.

Note: I have NOT found these out on my own, I'm just relaying the information.

Archived