New Pipes - Gas Double Pipe, Liquid Double Pipe, Mixed Double Pipe

Gas Double Pipe, Liquid Double Pipe

Allows two liquids/gases to flow through the pipe without mixing.

It's basically a pipe with two sections separated by a wall. It allows transfer of liquids/gases to and from far off locations without the need to build two different pipes but at reduced transfer capacity (may be less than half the current pipe capacity)

Mixed Double Pipe

Allows liquid and a gas toflow through same pipe in different sections.

Similar to Gas Double Pipie/Liquid Double Pipe but one section is used to transfer gas and other used to transfer liquid. This is much more useful than Gas Double Pipe/Liquid Double Pipe

2 hours ago, OddPotato said:

Gas Double Pipe, Liquid Double Pipe

Allows two liquids/gases to flow through the pipe without mixing.

It's basically a pipe with two sections separated by a wall. It allows transfer of liquids/gases to and from far off locations without the need to build two different pipes but at reduced transfer capacity (may be less than half the current pipe capacity)

There is no reason you can't ship two types of liquids or gases across the map in one pipe. You just have to filter them at the end.

2 hours ago, OddPotato said:

Mixed Double Pipe

Allows liquid and a gas toflow through same pipe in different sections.

Similar to Gas Double Pipie/Liquid Double Pipe but one section is used to transfer gas and other used to transfer liquid. This is much more useful than Gas Double Pipe/Liquid Double Pipe

You can already put liquid and gas pipes on the same tiles, which effectively accomplishes this when combined with the first point.

6 minutes ago, Juicearific said:

There is no reason you can't ship two types of liquids or gases across the map in one pipe. You just have to filter them at the end.

You can already put liquid and gas pipes on the same tiles, which effectively accomplishes this when combined with the first point.

Yes you can put two kinds of gases or liquids in one pipe but that allows you to carry them only in one direction. But this would allow to and fro transfer of elements from place to place simultaneously, one flow towards the target but the other in opposite direction.

1 minute ago, OddPotato said:

Yes you can put two kinds of gases or liquids in one pipe but that allows you to carry them only in one direction. But this would allow to and fro transfer of elements from place to place simultaneously, one flow towards the target but the other in opposite direction.

Ah I see. I disagree with its necessity, but I'll give that it's an interesting idea. I feel like the issue is that it would probably cost more resources, at which point you may as well just run two pipes. But now that I understand, that certainly makes more sense :)

30 minutes ago, Juicearific said:

Ah I see. I disagree with its necessity, but I'll give that it's an interesting idea. I feel like the issue is that it would probably cost more resources, at which point you may as well just run two pipes. But now that I understand, that certainly makes more sense :)

Yes it's not a necessity but would greatly reduce the spaghetti piping system most people currently build including myself :p

That is something I had been thinking of myself so liked.. It would make running ventilations and water lines alongside/right under  a floor a lot less of a pain particularly wate/poluted water0. Itd take a lot less place and reqire less bridges.

Sadly It would require some special pieces to have the pipes join in the first place and given how the square system is implemened, probaly be alot of trouble to implement. But boy would it be nice to have.

11 hours ago, Smuch said:

Sadly It would require some special pieces to have the pipes join in the first place and given how the square system is implemened, probaly be alot of trouble to implement. But boy would it be nice to have.

It requires 2 more extra components for each pipe. A double bridge and a double converter which can be used at the end  of double pipes to connect to normal pipes. But as you said it might be a bit difficult to implement these using current mechanics.

Archived