Server is not responding

There's no general way to fix "Server Not responding" issues. Some of them are:

- Check your firewall, and the server firewall. (Also check if any firewall between your Pc and the Server filters traffic.)

- Try connecting directly using the IP by opening the console in the main menu and typing

c_connect("<Server IP>",<Server port,"<Password>">)

If both doesn't work you can try hosting your server from a local virtual machine to see if connecting to that server works, or if somehow the server configuration is faulty, or if there is something else blocking the connection.

1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

- Try connecting directly using the IP by opening the console in the main menu and typing

c_connect("<Server IP>",<Server port,"<Password>">)

Not working.

It's problem with VPS firewall and I don't know how disable firewall or create exception.

For testing purporses you can temporarily disable the Linux firewall using

service firewalld stop

or

systemctl stop firwall.service

(I never worked with Debian, so I don't exactly know how things work)

If you can connect while the firewall is disabled, you can enable it again and open the necessary ports in your firewall. (You can leave it completely disabled ofc, but that opens up various security risks, so I'd recommend against it, and instead jsut open the ports you need.)

To do this, take a look at this wiki entry. It explains how the firewall is controlled on Debian quite well:  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianFirewall

Archived