need modding help

So I'm trying to tweak a cool character mod for DST and I'm running into some trouble. This is my first time even attempting modding so any help is much appreciated. The big problem I'm having is altering the "Heather: the regenerating mutant" character mod. I want to add in the Total Organ Failure symptoms Patriarachnid (The mod's creator) described when he released the mod for Don't starve. Heather is a regenerating character who regenerates 1 hp per second at the cost of 1.5X increased hunger. When she is grievously wounded she regenerates more health at the cost of more hunger, but when she has "too much" health she also suffers detrimental effects. At 400 health she starts losing 10 sanity a second and at 500 health she dies immediately. This sounds like such a cool playstyle however I can't seem to figure out how to code the "Once you're at 500 health, die" mechanic AND I can't seem to code in her starting health at anything below max health which immediately drains my sanity. TL;DR I need help modding starting health and receiving damage in DST.

Wouldn't just setting the current health to a number after you set the maxhealth in master postinit work?

As for the die mechanic, having a listenforevent for "healthdelta", then checking if your current percent is at max which I am assuming is 500 or just checking if your current health is 500 via inst.components.health.currenthealth >= 500. You just run inst.components.health:Kill() or dodelta a really big negative number to kill yourself.

If you need more indepth assistance I be happy to help, I just might not respond right away this weekend do to family activities.