Side-Facing Skirt textures?

Hello everyone.

I'm currently working with a collaborator in the DST community to get an updated, working alternate Skin for the old Charlie mod.

I have completely finished art and assets and it just needs a little bit more work to get it fully under wraps. However, I'm having a few issues I'll list at the end but the primary one is creating a side-facing skirt texture.

The game auto-defaults to using "skirt-0" for a skirt that faces sideways, creating an awkward effect that doesn't look quite right when a character's skirt pattern isn't consistent the whole way through.

k5DWI5B.jpgYhWKKZD.jpg

Essentially, I'm looking for a way to either make the game register a "New Skirt" texture, or find a cheating hack-y way of making the skirt work from a different perspective.

Anybody have any solutions?

[The smaller graphical issues is the head getting cut off in places but that's it]

Alternatively you could use the pelvis as it has more proper facing and swap the symbol order. Animations are hardcoded and virtually impossible to decompile and edit without a mess. In this situation you would leave the skirt texture blank with the pelvis using the skirt texture.

inst.AnimState:SetMultiSymbolExchange("skirt", "torso_pelvis")