Character unlock system

Guest firdevans

Guest firdevans

So I came up with this idea first time I saw how in character choosing screen locked characters are shown in coffins, and when i encountered first grave. Idea is digging up remains(Skulls as in here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2997&d=1360476303) of other characters and doing voodoo/magic ritual with them. So here's my idea of doing it:1. Dig up coffin, most of the time you'd get normal coffins with no chains from which you would get gravedigger items, but the ones with character remains in would have chains on them.2. Break chains( With special tool maybe(hammer time anyone?)) and get the skull3. Prepare place for ritual, it must cost ALOT of recourses and/or some rare resources(as red gems) and/or rare items(can't think of examples)4. Do the ritual,that would take pretty long time.Idea with skulls makes me think of random char unlock, or it could be chronological(for example you would only get willows skull first and only then you could get wendys), more interesting mechanic is one char per world, so you would be able to dig up only one skull per world( makes it hard to unlock chars ). So you would have to be pretty long into game, so you'd have necessary resources, and you'd have to dig up many graves.Thank you for reading, and i hope i'm not repatitive.:victorious:

What ? wait ! how did you found the coffin ?

I would love to have some sort of system to get the new characters in game. If the unimplemented characters get in I hope they will use something like this.- Maybe you can find the pieces of Wilton, scattered in different graves, and if you get all of them in one playtrough you unlock him.- Maybe you find Webber bound to a totem pole in a pig village as a sacrifice, if you cut his/her bindings he/she is unlocked, but all the pigs around you turn hostile- Maybe you find Woodie chased around by a huge tree guardian and if you kill it, you unlock him.etc.

Guest firdevans

I would love to have some sort of system to get the new characters in game. If the unimplemented characters get in I hope they will use something like this.- Maybe you can find the pieces of Wilton, scattered in different graves, and if you get all of them in one playtrough you unlock him.- Maybe you find Webber bound to a totem pole in a pig village as a sacrifice, if you cut his/her bindings he/she is unlocked, but all the pigs around you turn hostile- Maybe you find Woodie chased around by a huge tree guardian and if you kill it, you unlock him.etc.

Thanks ! where is totem pole ?And how to cut his/her bindings ? Edited by firdevans