Mod crashing with no trace of error logs

I'm having an issue that is crashing the game, but not showing anything at all in the error logs. Not on screen after the crash, nor in the Klei/DontStarveTogether folder in documents. The logs are there, and they show the normal startup data and print the right messages. But when the game crashes, it simply ends. 

I think the actual root of the problem is going to have to be on me to solve, because this is already way more complex than I care to explain. But I'm just wondering if anyone knows the most common causes of crashes like this.

In short; when certain conditions are met, it usually instantly crashes, but sometimes it stutters for a few frames and then crashes, and sometimes even lasts a few seconds. It involves a lot of looping through tables of TheSim:FindEntities near the player at a very large distance (which is a bad idea, I know, I know)

Is it safe to assume this is some sort of memory issue? Because I have tested this on two different laptops, and this seems to only happen on my older laptop. And for some reason, a common side effect of this bug is that it will sometimes cause objects on screen to rapidly multiply in size before crashing, which is a little terrifying. Once it was all crows. The other time, a spider. But it's usually the mole burrow fx.