Love my automation coal setup

So right from the start i used doors without a block on top, so the hatches would get stuck in them, then I dropped them all by chopping the block under the door, into my CO2 pit.  Up the drop I have a storage set to only hold sandstone, and when its at 20T I destroy the block under the storage, and set the type to none so it falls into the hatch pit.

Right now i got 4 maybe 5 hatches in there.  They chew threw 20T of sand stone in no time.

I put a door there and set the global pass to one way so if they some how get in the pit, they are allowed out but not back in.

At first, to pick up the coal was annoying cause they would also go in and grab the sand stone I had dropped.

But after using the sweepers, I noticed they can shoot threw mesh and air tiles, but not solid block tiles, so putting the sweeper under the air tile, with the coal gen, makes it a great setup for my CO2 pit.

also, I have a storage box just out of the 1 way door pass, so the sweeper can fill the box set to 1 priority, so the dups come and move the coal from there to another elsewhere set to 5. Also, the sweeper feeds the generator set to 2 priority, so low the dups ignore it.

been using coal this entire game session with a bit of hydro just to make use of the gas from my electros

Haven't had a dup manage power systems in over a hundred cycles except for the power station stuff.

I am actually making more coal than I am consuming, and I still have over 600T of mineral to spare, and currently just over 100T of coal stocked LOL.

infinite coal power.jpg

Archived