Dedicated Server Failed To Start. Now I can't even play my own world.

EDIT 1: This is the error picture, just put it up for clarification.

image.thumb.png.376d18fd45d42a5acf97da165b6500fb.png

"Dedicated Server Failed To Start. There was some kind of trouble starting up the server." Is the message I got today when I opened my old world with caves OR created any world with caves. But when I opened the caveless world or created a caveless one, it starts up just fine.

Another thing to note that may have caused this is that yesterday, I created a dedicated server (the one using steamcmd) following the tutorial.

Both Master and Caves server seemed to start fine and I was playing the game fine (to like Day 7 or so) until I went into the caves the first time and I disconnected. From then on I couldn't go back into the server again (it says server not responding) so I gave up, shutdown, and deleted all the Dedicated server files. This may have been the cause but I do not know why nor do I know how to fix it.

Back to the present...today whenever I created/opened the caves world and failed to start. The server logs were NOT updated in the Cluster folders. So I couldn't even see what's wrong. However, the client logs did update. The client log I uploaded is where I just started up DST and attempted to run my previous Slot 2 world with caves and failed.

Last thing to note, I've already tried:

-Creating/Opening worlds without server mods, but it still fails whenever it has caves. (I don't think mods are the problem, but it could be)

-Reinstalling DST

-Verifying game cache

-Restarting computer

I feel like I've tried so many things but it still doesn't work, I just wanna be able to create/open a world with caves again :( 

client_log.txt

I kinda have the feeling your game has some sort of permission issues. According to this line it says it needs elevation.

[00:01:04]: CreateProcess Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

Despite me not being a fan of running programs/games as Administrator without any proper reason, can you try running it as Administrator to see if that works?

If that worked, try completely deleting your Game folder and redownloading it, and moving your savegame folder somewhere else, so a new one get's generated. Maybe a file inside is Administrator read/write only, and therefore can't be accessed by your User account.

21 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

I kinda have the feeling your game has some sort of permission issues. According to this line it says it needs elevation.

[00:01:04]: CreateProcess Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

Despite me not being a fan of running programs/games as Administrator without any proper reason, can you try running it as Administrator to see if that works?

Thanks! That was the issue and it works!

If that worked, try completely deleting your Game folder and redownloading it, and moving your savegame folder somewhere else, so a new one get's generated.

However, this didn't work. I moved out the cluster folders and the client_save/saveindex, deleted the game folder and reinstalled DST. Then I placed it into the newly generated game folder in DoNotStarveTogether. And the issue is still there. Is there a reason why this issue occurred and a way to fix it?

I mean, running the game as Administrator all the time isn't as bad as not being able to play the game at all, but if possible I would prefer not doing that and running it like it used to.

Maybe a file inside is Administrator read/write only, and therefore can't be accessed by your User account.

I'm guessing the file is either in the Clusters/saveindex, or else it has to be in the Program files Steamapps folders right?

Regardless, thanks for figuring out the Administrator issue! At least I have a way to play my own worlds now ^_^

1 hour ago, Newo said:

Thanks! That was the issue and it works!

However, this didn't work. I moved out the cluster folders and the client_save/saveindex, deleted the game folder and reinstalled DST. Then I placed it into the newly generated game folder in DoNotStarveTogether. And the issue is still there. Is there a reason why this issue occurred and a way to fix it?

I mean, running the game as Administrator all the time isn't as bad as not being able to play the game at all, but if possible I would prefer not doing that and running it like it used to.

I'm guessing the file is either in the Clusters/saveindex, or else it has to be in the Program files Steamapps folders right?

Regardless, thanks for figuring out the Administrator issue! At least I have a way to play my own worlds now ^_^

Glad I could help.

As for the save folder I actually mean the entire

C:\Users\<your user>\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\*

folder, since DST always spreads out the configs, saves, etc. Not sure what could cause the issues here. (Remember to back up the entire folder before deleting it.)

As for your game folder, yes, the

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together

folder.

1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

Glad I could help.

As for the save folder I actually mean the entire

C:\Users\<your user>\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\*

folder, since DST always spreads out the configs, saves, etc. Not sure what could cause the issues here. (Remember to back up the entire folder before deleting it.)

As for your game folder, yes, the

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together

folder.

Hmmm deleting the game folders and reinstalling still doesn't work. Really not sure what is causing this. I guess I'll just have to keep running as administrator until the problem is found.

Archived