Duplicates stats, generation and other

A few ideas popped into mind after playing this game for some hundred hours... Tried checking the forum if this has been suggested but couldn't find any reference of this yet... So here goes.

#1:

The first times it is ok to click randomly on character and hope for the best, but after a while it get's a bit boring as one has to sit around clicking until you get what you are looking for.

I would think a small start up section where you assign skill points and traits like a RPG could be a smoother and a bit fun way to start up the game. Surely random characters should still appear after the game starts, but just as a fun startup section where you configure the crew you want.

#2:

It could be a part of the game to get to know the skills of your duplicates. I.e. skills and traits are hidden. On selecting duplicates they list their best and worst skills and traits, or perhaps even lie a little. After all people tend to exaggerate their qualities in any job interview.

This could open up a different segment of the game that is not just building/resource gathering. Managing your creww by investing in e.g. tech/buildings like time punch clock, work-effort-analyzer-machine etc... which will reveal the stats of the duplicates. Perhaps an option to an execu... uhm... a duplicate recycling machine which, when recycling might e.g. speed up the arrival of the next bunch of duplicate candidates. 

PS! Perhaps make this optional settings as some probably just like the math and building stuff - and hate messing with HR issues :( 

I like the idea of the first 3 dupes being chosen stats RPG style. I’m going to keep randomly waiting for the dupe I’m looking for, so save me the time and let me just pick him.

All dupes after that are gloves off! I find myself using 1/3 till I get to 6 dupes then I become more picky again. I’m okay with RNG deciding what dupes are available and me deciding if they are worth it.

Archived