Questions about Mini-Glaciers and temperatures effecting food?

If you completely mine a miniglacier that surrounds pengulls, they come back next winter? In the same place? Do pengulls spawn nests in the same place each year? So one should make sure to mine all miniglaceries they can around pengulls before they melt?

What about regular miniglaciers, do they come back each year? 

Also, throughout winter, every time I viewed a miniglacier, it had water around it. Do they give more ice during colder days of winter? Do they ever totally freeze up so no water around it?

Also, it says food lasts longer in winter, and shorter in summer. Is that because the temperature is colder or warmer? Or just because it is winter or summer? Does being around a fire or endothermic fire change how long food lasts and other perishables?

They will not spawn in the same place each year, but more pengulls will spawn next winter so no need to worry about that. The regular miniglaciers should grow again when it gets cold as long as their "puddle" is still left behind on the ground. They do drop more ice during winter, at the stage where they look like a full-grown boulder (like the ones around pengull nests). There's no difference between the amount of ice a full-grown glacier drops in early winter and in mid-winter, just depends on the growth stage.

Food lasts longer in Winter because it's winter. The ambient temperature changes constantly so if food spoil rates fluctuated constantly it would be too hard to predict. Winter and summer have flat preserve/decay rates. So being around a fire has no effect.

Archived