How may I add an aura that runs for limited time on attacked?

M.Kenosis

I have made into an axe:  flashlight/ freeze aura on all hostile creatures/ one man band/ freeze attacker and summon a pigman for you/ make any target hit by it sleep and summon tornado to hit it /add hunger sanity and health on equip/ maybe something I cannot recall already.

Tried to make the freeze aura effective on everything, but this is too much crowd control. So I think maybe it could be like ruinhat's shield: when you get hit, you can freeze everything for a short period instead of emitting a shield. Tried to imitate but failed (really don't have that much  lua language knowledge). So I just made the freeze attacker and summon pigman thing.

And maybe someone can also tell me, why if I use summon tornado on the onattacked function, the tornado will hit me?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Most functions are linked to onequip. The whole thing is messy, I know. 

axe.lua

Well I can only answer the tornado logic, if you look inside the lua file for it, it targets anything that can fight, has health, is a structure, and is targetable (like maxwell's shadows even though their allies). Which means you're no exception, along with the tornado having a random sense of direction gives a high chance of them coming back at you. The freeze all around I tried doing something like the ice hound's death ability freezing enemies around its demise but I couldn't get it to work.

Archived