Now I looked but I could have missed something... But for those of you who know 80's music "Burning Down the House" should hit a key memory. 

Has anyone else noticed that our main starting area is well within an area of extreme heat on all sides? Even with the low amounts of heat transfer the inner areas would provide, it still would cook us alive unless this just spontaneously appeared. While I am fully aware that cold biomes are looked at late/later game by the Dev's, anyone else find this bugs you? 

I know it is possibly a quirk of my design side coming out but I had to ask. 

Yeah I have noticed that (for the last couple updates) the spawning algorithm seems to say "no cold biomes adjacent to start."  It used to be different.  It is a little boring knowing that every direction you go is going to be a hot or swamp biome.

Exactly. I understand they do not want you to have access to easy water or wheeze warts early on but most of the water is useless unless you research the proper things.

It just always makes me roll my eyes because I feel I am about to be baked alive. Ha ha

Archived