Job tier system and food expectation unbalanced

New job system is amazing, keep it up. Just need to increase food expectation for job tier -1, if dupe have tier 6 he/she need to be feeded with food quality +5, if you will feed them with low grade food, they should not only became unhappy and stressed, but loose attributes, exact number of attributes, if expectation +5 and food quality was 1 = -4 attributes but is should be minimum like basic stats, because for now dupes just increase attributes and at cycle 150+ they becoming supermans even if you feed them with liceloafs or give them mushrooms, and sickness should erase attributes too, the game should be more hardcore, so you have to carefully select job tier and setup food consumables for dublicants, because for now those who play game not even open that menu and feed dupes with meal lices w/o any problems, stress can be remuved with high decor and Latrines easily.

I don't agree with "the game should be hardcore", but the I like the idea of losing attributes (but not permanently).

This doesn't need to be part of the job system, I think it fits better within stress management (currently it's too basic). For example, 50% stress punishes with 50% attribute loss (the proportions should be tuned)

After that if you want to be hardcore just raise the stress difficulty.

1 minute ago, Domelo said:

For example, 50% stress punishes with 50% attribute loss (the proportions should be tuned)

I think you right!  it should be like this if food quality 1 and expectation 5 (with is mean -4 on food expectation) it have to encrase stress +40% and loose 4 attributes randomly with was trained before, if dublicant on basic stats alredy and there is no more attributes to loose, then he will encrease +10% of stress more with is mean +80% on stress.

6 minutes ago, Domelo said:

but the I like the idea of losing attributes (but not permanently).

No, when you start feed them with normal food, they will start training attributes.

If you will feed them with food quality that much better than expected, for example expectation was 3 but food quality was 4 with is +1 point on expectation they will train + 20% faster (like if they will have +2 on learning for this cycle) and remuve 10% stress for each point of food expectation, all fair.

Base attributes now are capped at 20. This system would create a strange way to "respec" the dupes attributes, and it's a bit unintuitive. However rewarding and punishing dupes based on food seems like a good idea.

I think that the devs should keep the possibility of losing attributes in mind, and see what they design with it.

2 minutes ago, Domelo said:

Base attributes now are capped at 20.

Ok, so attribute cap should be related on job tier +3 attribute for each tier, for example miner tier 3 job can train mining to +9 and if he seasoned miner tier 5 he can train it to +15, and rest attributes with is not related on job to +1, so seasoned miner will not became courier with +15 on athletics he can train it to only +5, and if seasoned miner was courier (job tier 3) before and have + 9 on athletics alredy, those +4 athletics above the normal will be sealed and remuved in time, -1 attribute above the normal every cycle.

Archived