Coal generators not being refuelled

Currently, in my main save file everything was going well until I found out I was draining power very fast. At the time my base was run on two coal generators wired to a battery. I basically duplicated my power room to another place, and wired it up, hoping it would double my power output (because double generators), but for some reason, my duplicants won't ever add coal to the generators. I set the battery thing to 100% for all gens yet they still don't fuel it, basically meaning I have 2 useless coal generators. The duplicants can reach the place totally fine- there's a pneumatic door on it, and I've seen dupes go in. If you need a picture I can give one.

Any help?

Set the priority of the generators to 6 and you'll be fine (or one higher than your usual operating priority, default 5).

For an explanation. The coal task for dupes counts as a delivery job and not a power job. As jobs are prioritized left to right on the jobs tab the coal generator delivery will actually be quite low down on the list. Hamster wheels for example count as power so dupes will prioritize running on them rather than delivery. Digging and many other things are probably causing the generator task to be neglected. Upping the priority will force this particular delivery job to rise above the rest.

Archived