Saves

I'd love people to submit their save files on this thread to review each other's bases and give some advice or take some inspiration from different designs.

This is my last one, I've made it to cycle 452 (I think) but due to poor priorities on the things dupes are struggling to keep up with everything I demand.

Feel free to give me some advice, even though I know I've made quite a few mistakes on that save.

Utah.sav

51 minutes ago, pg13 said:

I'd love people to submit their save files on this thread to review each other's bases and give some advice or take some inspiration from different designs.

This is my last one, I've made it to cycle 452 (I think) but due to poor priorities on the things dupes are struggling to keep up with everything I demand.

Feel free to give me some advice, even though I know I've made quite a few mistakes on that save.

Utah.sav

Your oxygen generation is setup such that it requires a filter, but you don't need to with minor changes.  And I'd suggest only running the hydrogen generator based on an automated wheel generator when batteries get low instead of just all the time. siphon off any extra beyond that into an unlimited hydrogen storage tank for later.

Delete the algae terrariums imo.

Why bother with all those deodorizers when your dupes are in suits all day?

Thermal management of your base seems to be handled by that water pool, but there's nothing there to ensure it's temperature range long term. Tepidizer if it gets cold, ice for hot

Instead of insulated tiles made from granite, try using regular tiles made from abyssalite.  It will help your decor a bit, and it's actually a better insulator anyways.

Clean up resources before it gets too out of hand!  Not sure if it's still a major issue after optimizations, but at least before if you let too much crap build up all over the map it'll slow you down a lot.  Put one resource per storage compactor too.  When you fill up a row of useless crap in storage, like igneous rock, just lock the door on that row forever.

Don't build tiles touching germy slime, your dupes are wasting time disinfecting your tile repeatedly

image.thumb.png.8e5b0f3c15c44075ae4a7e66d5b551d4.png

Keep up the good work comrade! My most recent base:

Rustic Dimension.sav

It's mostly without debug, but not entirely.  I was having fun with coolants down on the bottom right where all that frozen oxygen is.

Thanks for all the tips, I realized some of mistakes but too little too late, sure I could try and fix the current base, but I'd rather just start fresh and do everything the right way, I just found out about some things like oil turning into natural gas when too hot, abyssalite tiles for insulation and thought of trying to have some kind of infinite power generation using hydrogen  generator since we do have infinite water from geysers. Point break for me was when a dupe died from hunger because no one would bring him his suit. Anyway, onto the next adventure and thanks for the save.

Edit: just gotta say this is insanely impressive thing to do specially with little to no debug, honestly so many of these things I don't even understand but just wanna ask how are you keeping all of these temperatures so pleasant even around you natural gas generators,metal refinery etc.

Archived