Can I still get sea worther in a world that was not compatible with shipwrecked and was generated recently then made compatible with shipwrecked?

Choosechee

So, I made a ROG world for the sake of unlocking Webber just after getting this game because he was my favorite in DST. I had no intention of linking this world with a shipwrecked world, so I didn't enable shipwrecked and I didn't make it shipwrecked compatible. However, when I was digging a grave to put a webber skull, I got a life-giving amulet. I know it is not THAT good but I decided to link this world with a shipwrecked world when I had the chance. Eventually, I made a shipwrecked world where I found the seaworthy, so I used it and linked the two worlds together and went to the other one. I dug up the grave that contained the items but then I realized there wasn't a seaworthy where I spawned. I then realized that I had to make my own, but I need a sea worther for that. But my world wasn't compatible with shipwrecked before. I know it is now, but because it wasn't before, are there still flotsams in the water that I can get for the sea worther?

On 1/23/2018 at 9:52 AM, starrynytex said:

I am not 100% sure that you can still build the seaworthy, but it's worth a shot!  I would smash the Pirate Parrot's boat in your ROG world, it is supposed to always give you a sea worther.

Smashing the boat guarantees you one, but check the water near the boat first and see if you can fish it out of the flotsam that spawn (if any). If there's no flotsam, smash the boat or force spawn some flotsam to fish up using the command c_spawn("flotsam") while holding your mouse pointer over the water. I've had worlds that bug out and don't ever spawn flotsam, even with shipwrecked enabled, so I wish you good luck.

Archived