Super late game idea: Quantum Computer/OOPArts/Pseudoscience

After seeing new buildings in ruins like Neural Vacillator and Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier get me thinking about how could they made such machines out of hypothetically indestructible neutronium, and, having played DS and DST for hundreds of hours, I think Quantum Computer/OOPArts/Pseudoscience station is the final, ultimate late game of ONI.

I'm thinking of something analogous to DS mechanic to move to a new world combined with the PseudoScience station. In ONI there are already ruins, my idea is to add (some of?) these things for the ruins:
- when PC construct is powered and turned on (automaton), you can obtain a part of this new machine's schematic. 
- the lockers can be forced open. This may require something like highest level dig tool (an idea from other feature suggestions). When successful, it yields a small amount of neutronium.
- there's a door (like Maxwell's door in DS) that will only unlockable by biometric scan of a dupe who has been in 4/5 Neural Vacillator. Inside the door is a machine (say, prototype quantum computer) that will assemble all parts of the schematic and need a ton of power and take neutronium to research. And what can we research? Alchemy, real quantum computer, and other OOPArts like Neural Vacillator and Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier!!!
- Alchemy Engine may allow us to turn dirt into diamond, gold, or neutronium. Quantum Computer can research super duper OP tools. Maybe a gate to a new world/asteroid! You name it.
- If you want to make it harder, we can probably have like a giant golem (similar to Ancient Fuelweaver) that can kill dupe in 2 hits guarding the gate. There can also be floods of super-hot magma that can melt doors and plastics and tiles and exosuits, and maybe anything non-neutronium. Or hid it inside a turf of diamond of almost absolute zero that turns all things into solid in mere seconds, including oxygen inside exosuits. Or maybe a giant pressure pad X bioscan that require 100 dupes to open the door. Kinda like raid boss :3

Why?
- it can serve as a plot element, explaining how these ruins come to be as well as why some laws of physics in our worlds are not respected (because someone messed with it!!!).
- extending the plot element part, it can also be done like Maxwell's door, where a portion of dupes are ported to a new "worlds" for challenges like you have to achieve X or unlock Y before the asteroid crumbles or volcanic eruption at 200 cycles.
- it allows late game people to get a large supply of metals and other scarce materials as well as get rid of over-abundant materials (right now Hatches can do that... a bit... but coals are pretty much useless for most/all world seeds late game).
- the fact that it's super hard to get make late game of ONI more interesting and challenging. It gives goals to players, similar to the the ancient gateway and ancient fuelweaver in DST.

Heck it can also be tied into DS/DST lore. That would be so damn cool.

That type of idea should belong to a mod rather than being in DLC content. Your experience from Don't Starve is precious for you to make your own mod if Klei allow customization. Otherwise, ONI sticks to mathematical and realistic situations rather than RPG conquest for plot.

9 hours ago, darknessiswes said:

That type of idea should belong to a mod rather than being in DLC content. Your experience from Don't Starve is precious for you to make your own mod if Klei allow customization. Otherwise, ONI sticks to mathematical and realistic situations rather than RPG conquest for plot.

First, there are soooooo many things in the game that are not scientific. For example, neutronium is not real (it is only hypothetical), countless laws of natures are not respected (biggest examples, preservation of mass and energy). Dupes can breathe in pure oxygen. Gases, liquid, solid cannot mix in the same tile. The list goes on and I believe that most of them will not be implemented. I don't mean that as an offense as I am a programmer myself, I am just fully aware that you can only do so many things without lighting people's CPU on fire, and Klei doesn't have unlimited resources and manpower.

Second, from the trend of the updates I see that Klei seems to want to add a story line. You can see from the very first update there's not even ruins. Now you can see ruins of, perhaps, older settlers and buildings we can neither build or destroy, and some are even made of neutronium, a substance that is described as unbreakable in ONI. Some of those buildings even have notes. This trend also exists during the development of DS and DST as well. First they started of as merely rouge-like survival, then more and more lore and story elements are added into a very complex story.

Of course it wouldn't be full-blown RPG. But sandbox/survival games without stories or goals die fast. Without super-late games or goals, after you get plastic or nuclear or whatever, it'll just be.... bland, you know what I mean? But with these crazy late game, with different world seeds you have different resources, you will need to do different thing to "win" the game. Each world will be different, it creates replayability values for people who like to spend hundreds of hours playing it.

Archived