Trouble Setting Up Dedicated Server

Hi, I'm currently trying to set up a dedicated server for the first time. 

I've followed all the tutorials and it ended with running the "launch_preconfigured_servers.bat" file in the bin folder of the game directory. 
I did that, and it all seemed to run smoothly. I opened the game, my server is there perfectly with all my settings. I entered the game and everything seems correct.

So then I follow the end of the tutorial and close the "launch_preconfigured_servers.bat" command boxes with "c_shutdown()", but doing this causes my server to disappear from the game. It seems my server is only visible when I have those command boxes running? 

I obviously can't leave them running 24/7, something is definitely not right here. 

In the tutorials I've seen, both the overworld and caves command boxes ended in "Sim Paused", but my overworld doesn't. I'm not sure if that maybe has something to do with it?? I've attached an image. 

I've searched, but I couldn't find anyone else who's had this issue..... 

Any help is greatly appreciated, 
Thanks!

Untitled.png

The Consoles are intended to be there while the server is running, so you can keep an eye on it whenever you feel like it. Usually you wanna run the server on a dedicated machine, and not directly on your PC when you are running a server 24/7 anyways, since you probably don't want to let your PC run 24/7, so you shouldn't see the Commandwindows anyways all the time.

That said, c_shutdown() shuts down the server completely, that's absolutely intended. You only get the "Sim Paused" if you are leaving the server running and noone is on the server.

Archived