[Solved] Make flowers hauntable by spell/ability

Hello, still working on the staff tweaking mod. Right now I am changing how opal staff (or moon caller's staff) works, I want that the spell (right click) forces a haunt and pseudo-full moon effect on all/most entities in a 20 range radius from caster. Right now it works, but flowers, mushrooms and a few other stuff are not affected by it (I haven't tried it on caves, or on a server with caves, so I don't know how it will go there...), here is the code:

Spoiler

AddPrefabPostInit("opalstaff", function(inst)

local function change(doer, inst)

if inst:IsInLimbo() then
			return
		end

if inst.components.hauntable ~= nil then
			doer:PushEvent("haunt", { target = inst } )
			inst.components.hauntable:DoHaunt(doer)
			return
		end

if inst.components.werebeast ~= nil and not inst:HasTag("werepig") then
			local remainingtime = TUNING.TOTAL_DAY_TIME * (1 - GLOBAL.TheWorld.state.time)
			local mintime = TUNING.SEG_TIME
			inst.components.werebeast:SetWere(math.max(mintime, remainingtime) + math.random() * TUNING.SEG_TIME)
			return
		end

if inst:HasTag("player") and inst:HasTag("woodcutter") and not inst:HasTag("beaver") then
			if inst.components.beaverness:GetPercent() >= TUNING.WOODIE_TRANSFORM_TO_HUMAN	then
				inst.components.beaverness:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_MEDLARGE)
			end
			inst:PushEvent("transform_werebeaver")
			return
		end

end

local function forcechange(staff)

local caster = staff.components.inventoryitem.owner

caster.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_LARGE)

local x, y, z = caster.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
        local range = 30
		local ents = GLOBAL.TheSim:FindEntities(x, y, z, range, nil, { "hauntable", "pickable", "stump", "INLIMBO" })
		if #ents > 0 then
			--change(table.remove(ents, math.random(#ents)))
            if #ents > 0 then
				local timevar = 1 - 1 / (#ents + 1)
                for i, v in ipairs(ents) do
                    v:DoTaskInTime(timevar * math.random(), change(caster, v))
				end
			end
        end
	end

local function onattack_opal(weapon, attacker, target)

if not skipsanity and attacker ~= nil and attacker.components.sanity ~= nil then
			attacker.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_SUPERTINY)
		end

if target.components.combat ~= nil then
            target.components.combat:SetTarget(nil)
        end

if not target:IsValid() then
			return
		end

if target.components.freezable ~= nil then
			target.components.freezable:AddColdness(-1)
			if target.components.freezable:IsFrozen() then
				target.components.freezable:Unfreeze()
			end
		end

if target.components.sleeper ~= nil and target.components.sleeper:IsAsleep() then
			target.components.sleeper:WakeUp()
		end

end

inst:AddTag("rangedweapon")

inst.components.spellcaster:SetSpellFn(forcechange)

inst:AddComponent("weapon")
    inst.components.weapon:SetDamage(0)
    inst.components.weapon:SetRange(5, 7)
    inst.components.weapon:SetProjectile("ice_projectile")
	inst.components.weapon:SetOnAttack(onattack_opal)
end)

When the spell is casted pretty much everything around the player is haunted except for things like reeds, grass tufts, saplings, mushrooms (only unpicked, surfaced mushrooms; picked mushrooms and hidden mushrooms are also haunted) and flowers. Of all of those the ones that I care is flowers and mushrooms as they are affected by haunting (50% chance to turn into evil flowers, and mushrooms can change into another color, I think the chance is 10%). So I would like to know what does my code needs in order to haunt the flowers, if it is possible at all. No big deal, but is something I would like to add.

On another note I would also like to know if it is possible to make nightmare creatures (or any mob) immune to a specific weapon attack. Asking because I tweaked the purple/telelocator staff to deal damage from a range, but I want to make them immune to it. I tried by filtering with HasTag in the onattack function, but it didn't work.

Edited by pedregales

Finally made it work after several hours of trial and error plus a few console logs and turning off and on pieces of codes xD. Turns out I was using too many tags in TheSim:FindEntities (now I only ask for "hauntable" and "INLIMBO", and I think the last one might not be needed), but was afraid to take them out thinking some things might not be haunted when casted. Leaving this here if someone might want to do something with it.