Server logs verbosity

Is it possible to make the dedicated server log more verbose, so they log all activity - what each client does, etc? If not would it be possible by modding?

"/home/dst/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer/Master/server_log.txt"

I don't think that it's possible to do this using the vanilla config files and/or command line options, since that'd just unnessesarily blow up the log sizes and doesn't benefit much in terms of debugging in case errors and/or issues happen.

That said, pretty much anything is possible using mods, especially a relatively simple task as logging every and all actions, though I don't think there is a mod like that out there yet.

On the other hand, what are you trying to achieve? If you want to find Griefers and ban them for destroying your structures you can for example just use a mod that prevents certain actions like burning or hammering things and announces them to all players.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your insight.

I was thinking more of collecting user activity to parse that inthe on-site web app which then could show useful server stats to the user.

I reckon it is not possible to do web requests or collect user actions and then do batch web requests to possible 3rd party API?

That sounds more than possible. Do you know the mod "Twitch plays together"? It's a mod from a dev that was a connection between a Twitch chat and your game, so people in the Twitch chat were able to vote for events to happen, etc. If you want to start modding somthing you described and know how to get a connection to outside of the game, I'd say that's the place to look through the code.

Twitch plays together is sadly no longer working, I assume the service that it connected to is no longer online. The way it connects to the internet should still work though.

Archived