Dedicated Server - traveling from cave to cave..

Hey,

my problem is, when I start my dedicated servers (2 nitrado servers), start the game und want to join the master sevrer, I will start in caves.

Then, when I travel through a sinkhole, my charakter will jump in another cave-world.

I tried to regenreate the world, with a hope, that I would start at the overworld, and not caves like the first time.

Info: I ve 2 dedicated servers, and they are connected. My only problem is, that I spawn at the caves and not at the overworld. An when I try to travel with a sinkhole, I will spawn in another cave-world..  O_o

Help, please.

I have to apologize for my bad english.

Phil

@Daniel86268 First of all, I want to thank you.

When I wanted to connect the servers, I tried to paste the worldgenoverride.lua and delete this file after a restart of the master server.

Now this file dosen t exist at the master server, but I think the configuration of the wordgenoverride.lua working still.

Should I paste another worldgenoverride.lua or should I delete a file? Or should I paste an changed version of the worldgenoverride.lua to fix the problem?

What can I do, that I will spawn at the overworld? The file exists at the slave server, but doesn t exsists now at the master server.
Sorry, I haven t told you, that I pasted the worldgenoverride.lua in the master server and deleted it later.

You have to have it in the caves server, but not in the master server. (Just deleting the file on the master server is enough.) You have to generate a new world after deleting the file on the master server, so a new configuration for the world gen is loaded. Then it should work.

I tried it, but I doesn t work. I generated a new world, without worldgenoverride.lua at the master server, but I spawned at the caves again.

Something goes wrong. The connection between both servers is ok, the sinkholes work, but I spawned after a regeneration still at the caves. The worldgenoverride.lua exist only in the slave server.

Since it should work like this on a vanilla DST server, maybe Nitrado has a graphical interface from where the server can be configured as well, and overrides the default configuration?

Edit: I don't have any experience with Nitrado servers, I only know the old Nitrado Minecraft servers, which were fully configured over a graphical interface and/or predefined with set values like slot number, etc. (At least from what I've heard) So I can't really say much more specific stuff about it.

That was what I thought too, but I can t find the way to the default configuration for checking.

Which data folders should I open for checking?

Or could it help, when I paste a worldgenoverride.lua to the master server with the following informations:

return {
override_enabled = true,
preset = "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", -- "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", "MOD_MISSING", "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC", "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS", "COMPLETE_DARKNESS", "DST_CAVE", "DST_CAVE_PLUS"
overrides = {},
}

In this example, I changed the DST_CAVE to SURVIVAL_TOGETHER. Could this work and fix the problem with spawning at the caves?

I wouldn't really expect it to work over no file at all, since the DST server should default back to the overworld if there's no configuration given, but I guess it's worth a shot, since it doesn't cost anything. Your assumption is correct, the default world preset is "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", I just checked it on a default server shard. For keeping code clean reasons you can just leave away the "overrides = {},", so this code is sufficient:

return {
override_enabled = true,
preset = "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", -- "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", "MOD_MISSING", "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC", "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS", "COMPLETE_DARKNESS", "DST_CAVE", "DST_CAVE_PLUS"
}

(I left the comment with all possible values for the preset, it might come in handy if you wanna switch things around.)

You can check the current configuration in the save/saveindex file. (Just open it with a text editor.)

How did you regenerate the world btw? If it was over a UI it might've kept the previous configuration. Try going into your server configuration folder and delete the entire save folder just to be safe. (That erases all map files, etc.)

Archived