How to Traumatize Yourself

So, I downloaded somebody's 500+ base to analyze it. I got bored and decided to have some fun. I put rock gas on the top of the base and made holes in the insulated floors. Chaos ensued as the entire base melted down into naphtha and magma. I saw the other dupes escaping with their exosuits on and others being left to die... I somehow got emotionally attached to said dupes in less than 10 minutes of knowing them. So seeing them die... is just plain sad. To anyone pretty much. Don't try this please, tragedies should be left to Shakespeare.

Luckily this did give me an idea. What if someone made a worldgen seed that came with an already made base but in ruins and has monsters in them?(*cough*DST*cough*) Its sorta like the ruins we have now, but more of the world is made of it.

It would be nice to actually utilize the desolate bases that already exist, such as using the tables to function as a mess table for two people, or to be able to repair the lighting fixtures to get them working again (They usually have wiring already set up. Connecting it to a power source does nothing, though). Maybe the desks could be used to recover the blueprints to reconstruct some of the stuff inside them, like the desks themselves, or the fancy tiles that line the bases for example.

We'd need some hostile aliens for that too, though. Slicksters, Morbs and Pufts ignore duplicants. Hatches may attack if dug up, but that's about it.

21 minutes ago, The Nightmare Tank said:

We'd need some hostile aliens for that too, though. Slicksters, Morbs and Pufts ignore duplicants. Hatches may attack if dug up, but that's about it.

Well, the shock worms haven't been added to worldgen yet, so that could be one of the hostilities. What about reanimated duplicants? Maybe a new germ type?

Archived