Sharing my base design (Warning: Many Pictures)

On 11/15/2017 at 1:00 PM, hakkafusion said:

because my insulated abyssalite pipes were about 30-40C, since I couldn't find that info anywhere

Any abbysalite mterial takes tons of cycles, to change its temperature from the first time you dig it. So if you dig abbysallite from cold biome lets say 5 celcius, then you make pipe from abbysalte material you dig earlier, the pipe you built will be 5c, and wont affect ambient temperature and gas/liquid inside the pipe. There a way to change abbysalite temperature rapidly, build abbysalyte pipe inside the tile floor.

Well dont worry about that , as long its abbysalite, it wont transfer any heat or cold, best insulator.

Yeah good the system work, anyway if you want fast result , add another aquatuner, but electricity will be double.

Im glad i can help. Maybe my next project will implementing and improve my base with new stuff from automation update

Holy cow, It seems like you got really lucky with your geysers set up like that. I start over with every new update so I can learn the new parts and set up my base to adjust to the new systems, but I have dug all the way down to oil and out pretty far and have yet to find a natural gas geyser. Hopefully I get one that is more reachable in my new base (starting over for the automation upgrade once I get ahold of the oil update, I got a late start on it.)

On 11/17/2017 at 5:43 PM, Botaxalim said:

Any abbysalite mterial takes tons of cycles, to change its temperature from the first time you dig it. So if you dig abbysallite from cold biome lets say 5 celcius, then you make pipe from abbysalte material you dig earlier, the pipe you built will be 5c, and wont affect ambient temperature and gas/liquid inside the pipe. There a way to change abbysalite temperature rapidly, build abbysalyte pipe inside the tile floor.

Well dont worry about that , as long its abbysalite, it wont transfer any heat or cold, best insulator.

Yeah good the system work, anyway if you want fast result , add another aquatuner, but electricity will be double.

Im glad i can help. Maybe my next project will implementing and improve my base with new stuff from automation update

I take back what I said about the abyssalite not changing the temperature of the liquid inside. I just changed the pipes from granite to insulated abyssalite, and my temps went from -185C before going into the aquatuner to -60C coming out from the aquatuner. so something in that pipe definitely affecting the temp of the crude oil inside the pipes. It took 10s of cycles to get the temps back to normal (-185C again).

Anyways, with the new update this no longer works. Any new ideas? xD

Archived