I can see a build order, but dupes can't

Ran into a bug where I could see a build order, and even set priority, but dupes would act as though it wasn't there.

I wanted to replace some tile with airflow tiles, so I placed airflow tile build commands over where I wanted them. Dupes then deconstructed the existing tile and placed the necessary resources. They never actually built the tile, though I could set the priority of the tile. I was eventually able to work around this by canceling and replacing the build order. After canceling, there was still a build order icon, though if I clicked the location I would just be selecting air.

Sounds like an issue for the bug forums.

If they were able to deliver and deconstruct, then at least the were able to reach it. Occasionally the game will let you build or order to be built more tiles out of a material than you actually have available of that material. This will leave you with a red icon - something along the lines of 'building lacks resources' or 'not enough materials'.

Perhaps this is what's going on, I don't know. I think I heard a few things about build in place upgrades not working properly. Usually this type of thing can be settled with a save game and a complete game reload ( quit out type of reload )

Archived