Mushrooms breathe Oxygen

Ah interesting.  This game is very complex and science based, well done.  Regarding the mushrooms, I meant that in actual life fungi breathe oxygen not CO2.  In addition sunlight is required for triggering most mushrooms to grow though no photosynthesis takes place.  I'm not suggesting that the creators change anything, balancing all this must be tough.  Just seeing if anyone else noticed.  

Fungi are far more complex than what we have in game - since we're only interested in the fruiting body, I suppose they left it at that. currently the only plant requiring light is the bristle blossom.

From what I know, none of the plants interact with gasses except the wheezewort.

All I known is algea needs to be able to be grown, in a small plastic kiddie pool. And I do wish that plants would take in some atmo and release another gas, could be different based on current atmo or set as constant (constant could lead to no actual type change only a loss of mass)

32 minutes ago, EternalGolem said:

All I known is algea needs to be able to be grown, in a small plastic kiddie pool. And I do wish that plants would take in some atmo and release another gas, could be different based on current atmo or set as constant (constant could lead to no actual type change only a loss of mass)

I think algae should be an edible. Talk about tough choices.. I thought at first glance that mush bars were made of algae - that perception didn't last long. They may have been at some point, they are green.

Having plants do something with gasses and be harvestable for food might be a somewhat regrettable situation depending on how it's "balanced".

Archived